Coming Home

This talks about Mitch being pregnant. Just so you guys are aware :) ♥♥

No one's POV
Scott Hoying. Or should I say Second Lieutenant Scott Hoying. 25 years old and being shipped to Afghanistan to fight for the country. Its hard to say if he'll ever come back. It's a cruel place to be. But the main issue is that Mitch, Scott's husband is pregnant and due in 6 months.
"Scott do you have to go?" Mitch was full in sobbing in the middle of the airport. Scott dressed in his uniform, his bag trailing behind him.
"Because of my position Mitch I have to. I have no choice in this situation. You know that Mitchy"
"But I'm pregnant Scotty! I need you here with me. I can't do this alone. Especially as the baby is due in six months."
"I promise I'll be back before you give birth Mitchy. I promise"
Mitch threw himself at his husband, wrapping his arms around Scott, nusling into Scott's neck. Scott's arms subconsciously grabbed Mitch's hips softly. Mitch tilted his head up to look at Scott and pushed his lips against Scott's. Mitch used his arms, that were securely locked around Scott's neck to pull himself further up to make their kiss deeper. The way their lips fit together, made butterflies form in both men's stomachs.
Scott's flight was called and Scott slowly released Mitch's hips and separated their lips, as he knew that Mitch wouldn't want to let go.
They both parted ways sobbing their hearts out. Mitch because he didn't know if he'll see his soulmate again and Scott worrying whether he would meet his son or daughter.
Scott boarded the plane and just stared out of the window. Everyone that surrounded him were soldiers but he didn't want to communicate with any of them. He just wanted to be with Mitch.
Mitch just went home, threw on one of Scott's flannels and curled himself into a ball, with Wyatt on the couch. Tears fell from his face but he wasn't crying as much as he did at the airport.

Months went past and Scott would always make time to Skype Mitch. Because of the time zones Scott was always telling Mitch to go to sleep, as he'd fall asleep on Skype.

One day Scott had some bad news to tell Mitch. He didn't know how he was going to tell him. It was getting close to the normal time they'd Skype. Mitch's face appeared on the screen and Mitch could instantly tell something was wrong.
"Scott tell me what's wrong"
"I can't come home the date that I said."
Mitch's eyes started watering.
"You're gonna miss the birth of our daughter"
Scott's eyes widened.
"Wait we are having a girl?"
"I was going to tell you today. So surprise"
This time it was Scott's turn to start crying.
"OH FOR GODS SAKE!" Scott literally screamed through the camera and threw his head into his hands. His soft sobs were heard throughout the silence that dawned over them.
"Babe please don't get upset. You cant help it if you cant come home. That's what you get for being so big and muscular, in more ways than one" Mitch tried to lighten the mood. It seemed to work as Scott began chuckling.
"God I miss you honey" Scott's voice was just above a whisper and his voice was beginning to get croaky.

After about an hour of just talking, Scott let Mitch go, as he could see him becoming tired. 
"Go to sleep baby, I'll talk to you soon"
"Ok night Scotty" Mitch yawed as he waved.
"Night Mitchy"

Mitch's POV
I miss Scott more and more by the day. It's been 5 months since Scott left, and it's just antagonising how he's not going to be here for the birth of our daughter. Jeez, I don't even know when he's coming home. My phone started ringing and when I saw the caller ID I reluctantly picked up the phone.
"Hey Mitchy, I was wondering if you wanted to go shopping for the baby's clothes and bits and bobs" Kirstie's voice was soothing and so sweet.
Since Scott left, Kirstie has been popping in and out to help me, and try to get me out of the house.
"I wanted to do that with Scott, but ok, I guess I'll come. Let me get changed first though."
"Ok I'll be outside your house in 10 minutes."
"TEN MINUTES! KIRSTIE HAVE YOU NOT MET ME? I CANT GET READY IN TEN MINUTES!!" Kirstie was laughing on the other end of the phone. I joined in and soon we spent 5 minutes of just pure laughter.
"I'll see you soon KitKat"
"Okie Dokie"