Things will get better. And 'Happy Birthday Lottie.'

~Third person POV~

It had been four long months since Lottie went into a coma and she still hadn't woken up. Louis was a wreak just like the rest of his family. He would see her everyday after school, some days he wouldn't go to school and would stay with her all day. He hadn't slept properly and he wasn't eating. He had lost a good three stone in weight and he looked so ill and pale.

Harry kept his promise. He was there for Louis. Every day. He would go to his house before school to make sure he was okay - which he never was - and would go to the Hospital with Louis. He would even skip school sometimes, just to be there for Louis.

The worst thing for Louis was that it was Lottie's 13th birthday tomorrow. A special birthday and Lottie wouldn't be awake to open her presents or eat her body weight in food and cake. Louis still brought Lottie a present none the less. He wrapped it up and kept it in her room. He would go to the hospital every night and let her know it was waiting for her on her bed, he would talk to her, even sing to her sometimes. He knew she might not be able to hear him, but he knew it wouldn't hurt to try. But it did hurt him. It hurt him because he was talking to his twelve year old sister who had been in a coma for four months, he was talking to her even though she may never wake up and he was talking to her even though if she did wake up, she wouldn't know who he was. That hurt Louis.

Right now Harry and Louis were sat with Lottie. Harry was on the chair with a unhealthily light Louis on his lap. "Hi Lottie." Louis started. "It's your thirteenth tomorrow, you have to wake up for it. You'll kill me if you knew you slept through it. You've been talking about it for months. We are going to have a meal and all your friends will be there, you are having a sleep over, with Jess and Becca, we are going to the cinema and you're having a huge chocolate cake. I've remembered Lottie. You can't miss it can you, eh? I wrapped your present up on Tuesday, its sat on your bed waiting for you to open it. You'll love it Lottie, you've said you wanted it for ages, remember? I wrapped it myself and you know what I'm like with wrapping presents, I even put a little bow on it." Louis said before breaking down. He did well being able to speak for that long, normally he'd manage to say a 'Hi Lottie' and then wouldn't be able to carry on.

"I'm trying to stay strong for the girls Lottie. For you, I'm staying strong for you too. We all need you Lotttie. Fizz told me yesterday she missed you annoying her, I never thought I would hear her say that. Daisy and Phoebe are missing you too. We are all missing you. Mum and dad aren't coping. We need to Lottie. You're fighter, I know you are. So you will wake up, I know you will. The doctor said there is 60% chance you won't remember anything but there is still 30% chance you won't forget. And I know you Lottie, you're in that 30%. I don't know if you can hear me but I've spoken to you everyday. The doctor said if we talk to you it might help you remember things when you wake up.

Harry's helped me a lot. You haven't met Harry yet, but you will soon. He's amazing,  he really is." Louis lent forward so he could whisper in Lottie's ear. "I like him Lottie, I like him a lot so you have to wake up so I can get you're aproval of him. I know we aren't together, but I wish we were. I really do." Louis sat back in Harry's lap and carried on talking. "I know Harry will probably want to meet you too. You'll get on with him Lottie, you'll probably say something like 'wow he's hot' and make him all embarrassed. That's what you're like Lottie. So please wake up Lottie. Please. I love you princess."

Louis cried in Harry's jumper. He cried and cried. "Louis?" A small voice came. And it wasn't from Harry. It was a girl's voice. Lottie's voice. Louis jolted up in Harry's lap and looked at the fragile girl in the bed. Her bright blue eyes looking into Louis. "Lottie? LOTTIE." He shouted. He jumped out of Harry's lap and leaped at Lottie to hug her. "Lou...air." Lottie laughed. "You remember?" Louis asked, letting go of Lottie to sit back on Harry's lap. "Of course I do. But that's all thanks to you Lou, you spoke to me every day and I heard everything. So this birthday present better be good." Lottie said, winking at her older brother. "So this is Harry, eh? Well I should say 'wow, he's hot' shouldn't I?" Lottie said making the two boys laugh. "Lou, can I talk to Harry alone for a minute please? Go out side and ring mum and dad. Don't tell them I'm awake though, wait until they see me." Louis looked confused but didn't ask any questions, he just gave a quick nod and walked out the door.

"I'd just like to say thank you Harry. You've been there for my brother and I am so greatful. He'd be a wreak if it wasn't for you. I just have one question; do you like my brother? Because a friend wouldn't be here for Louis 24/7 like you have, skip school, go to him every morning to make sure he's okay. I know you're his friend so you'll be there for him but you've been here for him more than you should." Lottie smiled. Harry nodded, knowing he couldn't lie to her. "I do, I like him a lot. I don't think he likes me though. But I'm his friend so I'll be here for him. He needs me" Lottie laughed once Harry had finished and the older boy was quite taken back, by the sudden outburst. "Harry, Louis is mad about you. He spoken about you every day and he sounds so happy when he talks about you. He told me about that kiss you shared months ago, he still talks about it now and it was months ago. He told me he likes you so just ask him out. Be there for him, care for him, love him."

The conversation ended there because nothing else was need to be said. The two sat together making concersation about anything and everything until Louis walked back in with his mum, step-dad and three younger sisters. "Lottie." Was shouted by the five members of family. They all shared a long group hug, no words spoken, just a hug being shared.

That's when everyone realised; things will get better.

*Lottie's birthday*

Louis, the girls, Jay, Mark, two of Lottie's best friends, Jess and Becca and Harry all sat with Lottie in her hospital room. Today was Lottie's 13th birthday and the day after she had woken up from her four month coma.

Lottie was sat in bed opening her presents and eating her birthday cake - after a lot of persuasion to the nurses. So far she had gotten a new phone from her mum and dad, a necklace from Daisy and Phoebe, a signed photo from Justin Bieber from Fizzy, lots of different Justin Bieber merchandise from Jess and Becca and Justin Bieber's new CD from Harry. (A/N: I don't actually know if Lottie likes JB, so we'll just pretend she does)

Lottie was now about to open Louis' present. He handed it to her, slowly and carefully, making sure he wouldn't hurt her. It was the shape of a large-ish box with a handle. As Louis promised it had a little bow on the wrapping paper in the top left corner underneath where it said 'Happy Birthday little sister. I love you so much! Lou x' "wow Lou, wrapped it up pretty well" Lottie teased. Lottie carefully unwrapped it and passed the wrapping to her mum to put in the bin. When she had finally unwrapped it, in her hand she had the purple laptop in its bix, she had been asking for, for months and months. She pulled it out of its box to find it in a Justin Bieber case. When she opened up the laptop and turned it on, it was already charged and had everything ready and downloaded for her. "Happy Birthday Lottie." Louis said, just above a whisper. Lottie looked at her older brother with her bright blue eyes. "You brought me the laptop?" she asked stunned. Louis nodded and smiled at his younger oldest sister. Lottie put the laptop at the foot of her hospital bed and hugged Louis - the best she could when she was hocked to a machine.

For the rest of the day the ten of them sat around Lottie, talking, laughing, singing and having fun. A nurse brought in a Chinese for them for their teas that night, so they sat eating it and watching a film on the telly on the wall opposite Lottie's bed.

"Happy Birthday Lottie." Louis, Harry, Jay, Mark, Fizzy, Phoebe, Daisy, Jess and Becca all said in unison.