20.

(A/N: I'M BACK! Also, I need someone to talk about the Gotham episode. Merp, chapter not edited so I'll get to it soon)

"I'm actually stepping out of the house and you're not going to say anything?" I asked Jerome, still shocked about the whole date thing.

"Not going to say anything cause everything is being taken care of" he said, while squeezing my hand a little.

"If you say so" I replied him back.

I was so damn nervous for two reasons. The first reason was that this was my first date with Jerome. He made me dress up all fancy for a date, but what the hell do you even do on a date? The second reason was what Gloria said sparked my nervousness. Everyone already knew who I was, if they'd find out that I was out in the open, everyone would be at risk. I don't know why I'm scared for everyone, but I'm just particularly scared that Jerome would get caught. Which I'm not ready for.

Jerome then brought me into this fancy looking car and told the driver to start the car and to make their way to the destination. Throughout the whole journey, Jerome's hands never left mine. He kept holding onto it, giving it random kisses and squeezing it a little. At that point, I just wished I was leading a normal life and not afraid of being caught by everyone.

After a while, the car came to a stop. Jerome lets my hand go and got out of the car. I was about to open the door myself, but the door was already being opened by Jerome himself. He offered me his hands and I took it, while coming out of the car. "That's so gentlemanly of you" I said and he simply smiled at me.

That was when I took a look at the surrounding. We were not at some fancy restaurant, we were in the middle of the woods. "Are you sure we're in the right place Jerome? Not an ideal place for a first date, from my experiences of watching movies" I asked, kind of worried about why he brought me to the woods.

"Trust me" he said.

"Of course" I replied. He leaded the way and held me  close while walking. I was struggling with the long dress and the heels. The long maxi dress wasn't much of a pain, but the heels were particularly created in hell. The pain I was going through at this point felt like childbirth. Maybe not as worse as childbirth, but still painful. Jerome somehow sensed I was having a hard time managing with the heels.

"You know you can take those off if you're in pain?" He asked me.

"No way, walk barefooted around the woods? I'd rather suffer in pain" I said. Jerome laughed out and I just rolled my eyes at him.

As we continued walking in, I saw candles on the side, leading us further into the woods. "Jerome, are you sure this is it?" I asked worriedly.

"Just a little more baby girl, we're almost there" he told me.

As we walked closer, that was when I noticed the tables as well as the flowers all around that decorated the entire place. "It's here" Jerome said, as we stepped onto the area that was decorated with rose petals everywhere. I was shocked and super overwhelmed. I could hardly contain my happiness.

The place was decorated with candles everywhere, on the pathway, the tables, our surrounding. I was a little scared that we could actually be the cause of a forest fire in a few hours. But besides all of that, it was extremely beautiful. I was just speechless, nothing could come out of my mouth.

"Aspen, are you ok?" Jerome's voice was laced with care and concern when I didn't say anything about the arrangements.

"Jerome, it's just- it's literally so beautiful. I just- I uh, I really don't know what to say, I'm just speechless" I stuttered.

Jerome just smirked at me. "Well mi'lady, would you like to take a seat?" He asked and I nodded my head.

As soon as I took my seat, Jerome went over to the trolley section and started taking out 2 plates and placing it on my side of the table as well as on his. "I'm sorry, I couldn't find anyone to help and this is the most I could do" Jerome said, sheepishly.

"You don't have to be sorry, everything is just- everything is perfect" I stopped him.

"I tried to make it classy but I almost burned down the kitchen while preparing the food, so I got someone to order everything for me" Jerome sighed.

I quickly got off from my seat and walked over to him. I grabbed hold of his hands and he looked down on me. "I told you it's perfect and I honestly love everything you've done for me, don't be too hard on yourself"

Jerome leaned in and crashed his lips into mine. One of his hands landed on my hips, while the other went up to my cheeks, caressing and deepening the kiss even further, causing me to moan out in surprise. The kiss was short, but still filled with passion.

After a while, Jerome pulled back from the kiss and chuckled. "We have a long night away, calm down. Don't get me all worked up"

"Says the one who leaned in first" I rolled my eyes.

Both of us walked back towards our seat and finally took a seat opposite each other. I started eating without Jerome telling me to, it's been months since I actually had food like this and I was certainly not complaining.

I thought that first dates would be extremely awkward, but I guess I can take back my words. It was amazing, both Jerome and I got to talk about a lot of things. Our childhood was horrible, but we did have small little moments that made us smile while it was stormy the other days. We talked about the dumbest thing we have done and it felt good. It felt nice to see normal Jerome, minus the killing sprees.

Soon, it was just us talking, not eating and Jerome came closer to where I was seated, so that it would be easier to talk. Time flew by without us knowing but something didn't felt right. It felt like there were eyes watching on us. I nudged Jerome a little but he still couldn't take the hint as he continued talking.

"J" I hissed. "I feel like someone is watching us" I continued.

"I know" he said, as if he wasn't worried about anything.

"We should leave" I told him, but he held onto my hands firmly.

"Stay, I know what I'm doing" Jerome told me. "You trust me, don't you?" He asked.

"Yes, but-"

"No but's or anything else. I've got this planned and you listen to what I say ok. You have to" he said firmly.
__

A/N:
I'm back, well I hope that I'm ready to write more. I don't know honestly, its been tough and lonely for the past few days. I've lack inspiration, lost interest. I don't know what the hell is even happening!

Anyways, pushing those sad thoughts aside. FREAKING JEROME VALESKA GAAAH!

I just managed to watch the episode and I have to say that I'm blown away with how Cameron portrayed Joker. He is literally way too damn good with the role and I can't wait for more.

I know I'm probably gonna be hated for saying this but imma say it! Cameron Monaghan's version of Joker was WAY BETTER than Jared Leto's version of Joker #sorrynotsorry (I'm just biased but I also love Jared Leto. Except that I love Cameron more haha!)

(but I still looooove Mark Hamill tho haha! King)

Also, I would be updating as much as I can. Thank you so much for tolerating my long hiatus. I love ya'll way to much!