16.

I walked out of the room, rubbing my eyes and looking for Jerome. After the whole incident in the morning, I ran back to my room and didn't get myself out of the bed. I just didn't want to talk to anyone. Too much of words had been said and I couldn't even bare to hear anymore insults.

The house was empty. The only thing that was echoing around the place were my heavy footsteps. 'Where is Jerome?' I wondered.

I walked towards the room that we were in earlier in the morning, only to find it empty. Arden? What happened to her? Dammit, I told Jerome to take care of it. Now I seriously don't know how he has taken care of it. Oh god, Aspen. What have you done?

That was when I heard the door open and close. I went to the front door, only to see Jerome walking in, with a smile on his face. I ran towards him and hugged him. Why did I hug? I don't know, but I just needed a hug at that point. He hugged me so tight, it felt like he didn't want to loose me at all. "Tight" I murmured and he let go of me, chuckling.

"Sorry" he uttered.

"It's alright" I smiled. But soon, my smile faltered when I remembered Arden. "What did you do with her?" I asked.

"Don't worry. She isn't dead, she's alive and about to learn her lesson" Jerome told me, but I couldn't understand what was happened.

"Learn her lesson?" I questioned him.

"Time will tell Aspen" Jerome replied, walking off and going back into the house.

I was confused, but I didn't want to push further, I was just relieved that she was alive. As much as I hated her, I didn't want to live with the guilt that I was the reason she was dead. I sighed and retreated back to the room, only to find Jerome was already lying on the bed and I joined him.

"So, you've got nothing to work on today?" I asked him, starting the conversation.

"Nope. Theo didn't need me, he had the boys to do some lame jobs for him and I was not needed" he told me, but it came off more as a brag.

"You do realize that you're praising yourself right?" I pointed it out and I just hear his significant laughter accompanying my question.

"You just know me too well, doll" he said as he kissed my temples.

The conversation went on and on. Hugs and kisses were shared here and there, laughter was echoing around the room and many confessions were uttered. I know Jerome may seem like an intimidating character whom you don't want to mess around with, but the Jerome I was seeing now was a totally different person. He was smiling, he was sharing and most importantly, I saw love in his eyes. He was beyond genuine with his feelings for me and I was just happy at this point. I didn't want none of this to end. I loved every single moment that I was spending with him.

I was just thankful.
__

The door was knocking out loud and both Jerome and I woke up instantly. He walked out of the bed to answer the door and there he stood there, talking to Theo. I just ignored the both of them and laid back down. Soon the conversation ended and the door to our room closed, Jerome was walking back to the bed.

"What happened?" I asked.

"Nothing much, just about about our jobs tomorrow" he informed me.