2.

My eyes flickered open , slowly trying to regain conscious. The bright sunlight which was directly across me was blinding me as I tried to look around to see where I was. 'Why am I on a bed ?' I thought to myself. That was when I started recollecting on what had happened.

"She's awake" someone said. I turned to see a woman dressed in scrubs leaving the room as soon as she saw me awake. I immediately realized that I was in the hospital and that was a nurse who just left my room. I was hit on the head at the abandoned building and now I'm here ? Oh shit.

"No .. No" I said to myself.

The nurse then came into the room with a doctor and a man in suit and a police officer from the GCPD. I looked around blankly while the doctor was examining me.

"She's all good now" the doctors said and left the room with the nurse leaving me with the officer as well as the man dressed in suit.

"Miss Aspen Richardson ?" The officer called.

I looked up to him blankly , I was in shock. I really don't know what to do right now. I might have been convicted of murder thanks to my sister. I need to explain myself , I need to clear this accusation off me.

"I'm Detective Jim Gordon , could you recall what had happened earlier today ?" He asked.

I then proceeded to tell him what had happened. How Arden had called me to come down to this abandoned building and there I saw her sitting with a bloodied knife in her hand and Matt on the wooden floor , dead. When I interrogated her she started accusing me of murdering Matt and then I was knocked out by someone.

"But Miss Richardson , there was no call history or message found on your phone" The detective told me.

"Mr Gordon , just listen to me please , I am telling the truth. I did not murder Matt. It was my sister Arden. Please believe me" I said to the detective.

"Your sister Arden was the one who witnessed you murdering Matt and gave us the statement as well as enlightening us about the illness that you are facing" he said.

"Bu ... But" I was cut off by the police officer.

"Miss Aspen Richardson , you are under arrest for the murder of Matt Clifford" the police officer said.

"IfIwastheonewhomurderedhimwhyamifaintedthere ?" I asked. I mentally facepalmed myself , why must I have this speaking problem right now ? And to add on , I was crying. Which was making my words come out muffled.

"I'm sorry what ?" The defective asked. But before I could tell him what I was trying to say , he was called out by another officer.

"You would be leaving soon" the police officer said while cuffing my hands to the bed railing and leaving me on my own.

Why did I trust her ?

Why did I go after her ?

I hated myself. I trusted people blindly , when I knew they all hated me. I should have just avoided her call , I should have just told her I couldn't make it. But no , I was too gullible. I gave people the chance to use me and trash me like this.

I did not deserve this punishment. But now , this is my fault and I can't do anything to rectify this mistake anymore. I can't make anyone to believe me. This is probably the end for me , I would not be seeing the world again. I would not be cured from my illness. There isn't any hope me in anymore. Goodbye life.

~~

"You brought us nothing but shame" my mum spoke.

I did not utter a single word and let them continue whatever they wanted to say. I hated them with all my heart, I wished I had nothing to do with them.

"You're crazy , so crazy that you're jealous of my perfect daughter's life , crazy enough to kill her boyfriend , just look at how hurt she is now" my mum continued. While my sister , oh wait ... My perfect murderous sister puts on act.

"So ? I am not your daughter ?" I asked. "I do not have a say on what happened just because you'll termed me as crazy ?" I continued.

"You murdered someone and yet you have guts to talk back" my dad shouted and was about to slap me when the officer intervened and stopped my dad from slapping me.

"Don't come back to see me , I will forget the fact that I have a family. I do not want you'll in my life anymore , LEAVE" I screamed as loud as I could and vented my anger on them.

I knew I had no chance of being free from this accusation , so I decided to live with it. I have learnt so much , never trust anyone , including your own family. They would take any opportunity to back stab you.

'I would rather be sentenced to death than leading this life' I thought to myself.

~~

The trip to Arkham Asylum was not long , but it felt like a long journey to me. During this journey , I thought about so much of things. To be extremely honest , I was afraid. I knew and heard so much about the place , it is filled with psychopaths and crazy murderous people. What did these people think ? That I would get better being surrounded with people like them ?

In fact , I would probably be bullied badly and be murdered by one of them. Chances of this happening to me is extremely high but I guess that's what you get for "murdering" someone.

The van stopped right in front of Arkham Asylum , finally reaching the destination. Cold shivers ran down my spine the moment I looked at the place. It looked extremely creepy and at that moment I wanted to just breakdown and cry. But I knew , the officers would think I am putting up and act to get some sympathy. So , I controlled my emotions and did not let it get pass me.

This is it , this is the place I am going to lead the rest of my life , starting from this moment. Goodbye life.

**

A/N:
& finally chapter 2 is finally done yaaaasz. I'm literally on a roll with it *pat on back*. But just want to know if people are actually reading it ? I feel like no one actually reads it ya know </3 so comment if you do read it (; - HOLA 🙋🏼

Give it a Like and Share it around // this would literally mean so much to me. Trust me it would.

*DISCLAIMER: I do not own Gotham , DC and any of its characters.*

Big hugs to each and everyone of ya'll reading. Thank youuuuu so much ya'll muffin tops 🙆🏼❤️