4.

*trigger warning - mention of suicide*

Overthinking will always lead to something undesirable. My future looked dark when I think about it. Everything I dreamt off becoming will never happen. I will never be normal. I'm known as a murderer and will always be known as one. I felt worthless and unwanted.

This was it , I do not have any purpose to live in this world anymore. I wouldn't be out of this sick place anytime soon. Instead of suffering every single day , I'd rather just end it. Once and for all. It was extremely painful to think that there is absolutely no one out there who cares for you and your well being.

So I got the broken piece of mirror out of my jumpsuit pocket.  For a moment , I just stared at it. Thinking of almost everything. Is it actually worth living ? Is anyone going to care if I'm actually alive ? Will I make it out ?

But for every question I asked , the answer I thought was something negative. I was weak and I started crying. There is absolutely no one for me. Why bother anymore ?

I brought the broken mirror closer to my wrist , prepared for death to take over me. But before I could cut , someone got hold of my wrist , yanking the broken mirror out of my hands and pulled me out of my bed. When I looked up to see who it was , Jerome was standing there looking at me angrily.

"WHY DID YOU STOP ME ?" I asked him angrily.

"Did you forget about the part I said that I'll protect you from any potential harm ?" He asked back.

"But I never knew that I'm protecting you from yourself" he continued.

He got hold of the broken mirror. "You're never getting this back" he said.

"You don't even know me. Just back away from my life will you ? I know what I'm doing with myself" I retaliated.

"What do you know about me huh ? I'm schizophrenic , and everyone looks at me like I'm some sort of freak. I was getting better but guess what ? I'm not. I hear voices telling me to do things.  My family HATES me , I'm now a murderer , being framed for not murdering anyone. What's there to live anymore ?" I told him.

He laughed. I looked at him cluelessly.

"What ? Did I just tell you a joke ?" I asked , causing him to laugh again. "You know what , I'm a fool. I'm a fool for telling you everything" I screamed at him.

And he laughed again.

"So you're thinking that you've had it worse ? Princess , there's people who's having it worse out there" he said.

"Leave. Now. I don't want to listen to anything anymore" I said.

"SHUT UP and listen to me" Jerome said loudly , causing me to quieten down.

"Look princess , ending your life isn't the best solution to run away from your problem. Face it or kill whoever who comes between it" he said.

I looked at him blankly. Not knowing how to react. He's a murderer and he's giving me life advice.

"But whatever it is , I'm not going to allow you to end your life and that's final" he said , finally looking at me for a reply. But I just stared at him , words were unable to come out of my mouth.

"Thankyou" I mumbled.

"What ?" He asked with a smirk evident on his face.

"I said thank you" I mumbled again.

"Well thank you princess" he said.

"Stop calling me princess" I told him.

"Why ? I will call you whatever I want , cause you're ... " he stopped halfway , causing me to look up to him cluelessly.

He came closer to my ear and I could feel his breath on my neck. "You're my best friend" he said silently in my ears.

I shivered the moment I felt his breath on my neck causing me to breathe shakily. I hardly knew him and he's trying to be friends with me. Who does he think he is ? What if he wants to murder me ?

"You don't even know me" I said.

"I know. You just told me" he replied.

'Shit' I thought to myself.

"But , I don't even know who you are. You can't just say 'I'm your best friend' when you've only know me for a few hours and stopped me from killing myself" I told him.

"Well if that's the case , let me do the honour of being your first friend here ..." he said. "That includes being safe all the time and you getting to know me more" he continued.

"I don't need any friends. I'm better off with myself" I informed him.

"Well the offer is still open. I'll give you some time" he said.

"Dinner ?" He asked.

"No. I'm not hungry" I informed him and laid on the bed , curling myself into a ball.

I heard Jerome chuckle. "Well , I'll come and see you after dinner" he said before leaving my room.

"You don't need to" I said to him. "Well gorgeous , you're not in a state to be left alone. I'm coming no matter what" he said before shutting my room door close.

'Why is he helping me ?' I asked myself.

"Believe him" the voices in me spoke.

"Leave me" I cried. "I don't want to hear anything".

**

A/N:

I'm sooo sorry there's just so many dialogues in this chapter. But yea , that was what I planned.

If anyone of you'll ever feel low or just need someone to talk to , I'm always here and my inbox is forever open. Talking out helps a lot and trust me , I know. I've been dealing with so much of issues right now and talking about it to someone helps me a little. Don't be afraid , every problem has a solution.

Anywaysssss ..... I've reached over 100 reads for this book and I'm beyond happy about it okay 😍❤️ thank you each and everyone it ya'll !!

Give it a Like and Share it around // this would literally mean so much to me. Trust me it would.

*DISCLAIMER: I do not own Gotham , DC and any of its characters.*

Big hugs to each and everyone of ya'll reading. Thank youuuuu so much ya'll muffin tops 🙆🏼❤️ Have an amazing day wherever you are 💕 keep smiling !!