Chapter 7

Hallo again guys. Here's another chapter! Hope you enjoy. Picture of Matt on the top <3

*************

The receptionist continued to stare at me expectantly, while I sat frozen on my chair. My heart began to beat faster and faster and it felt as if the whole world was caving in on me in that exact moment.

Knowing that there was only one thing I could do, I gestured to my skirt and smiled awkwardly. "Um, could I just have 2 minutes to run to the bathroom please? I promise it won't take very long."

The other women in the room tittered, while the receptionist smiled sympathetically at me. "I'm sorry ma'am, but we're on a very tight schedule. You have to either go in now, or risk losing your interview completely."

'This is ridiculous,' I thought. 'There's no way that I can go in there with this huge stain on the front of my skirt and still get the job.'

"So, what will it be?" The receptionist asked, prompting me to make a final decision.

I looked over at Blanche, who was still smiling in satisfaction at the evil deed she had committed, and was clearly enjoying my suffering. I was sure that she wanted me to not go through with the interview, but I decided I couldn't give her that satisfaction.

"Fine then. I'll go in." I conceded, wishing that the earth would somehow swallow me up.

Or more preferably, swallow her up.

"Wonderful. Right this way then, Miss Black." She gestured towards the door and I stood up and walked slowly towards it. She held it open and I tried to ignore the cherry juice that was dripping from the hem of my skirt as I walked.

I was just about ready to tie my noose when I entered the office.

It was dimly lit compared to the rest of the building because of the large red curtains which kept too much sunlight from entering the room. An expensive red couch sat in the far right corner of the room on the red carpet which covered the entire floor. On the other corner of the room was a private bar, with red bar stools, a beautiful marble counter, and a diverse collection of expensive wines and glasses on the shelves behind it.

On the left side of the room was a large aquarium with many different species of fish swimming around in the crystal clear water. On either side of the aquarium stood a bookshelf and a file cabinet, and a plant was resting near the curtains to complete the decor of the room.

I looked down at my skirt to see that the lighting of the room had made the huge stain not as visible, and sighed in bitter relief.

For the first time since entering, I took notice of the desk which sat in center of the room. The chair on the other side of it was turned away from me and had a tall backrest, which prevented me from seeing the person who was sitting inside. The sound of rustling papers and frustrated murmurs hinted to me that he was looking for something.

The receptionist cleared her throat loudly in order to get his attention.

The chair spun around to reveal an attractive man with soft golden brown eyes, thick messy brown hair and a relaxed smile which complimented his soft, delicate, features.

There was a lovely sparkle in his eyes, and a faint splash of color on his cheeks. He was warm, radiant, and his countenance was so unusual that it mesmerized me.

Taken aback by his appearance, I hoped with every fiber of my being that my cheeks hadn't turned red in embarrassment. I squealed in surprise as the receptionist shoved me forward towards the chair and shot me a knowing smirk. I felt my cheeks heat up even more as I sat in the seat across from the C.E.O, and tried my best to keep eye contact with the tall, gem-eyed man.