- reckless responsibilty -

Start from the beginning

"And who might you be?" he interrogated viciously.

Elenora began to stutter and started to retrace her steps, but was stopped when the crowd enclosed her and the boy inside a circle. It mimicked a fighting ring in Elenora's mind.

"I asked you your name, I didn't say to leave," he pushed out through gritted teeth. "So what's your name, shorty?"

"My name is not shorty," Elenora snapped. "It's Elenora. Now I have a class to get to." She spun on her heel, and attempted to make her exist, but he gripped her arm before she get away, turning her in his direction.

"Not so fast," he sneered as she ripped her arm from his hand, a scowl growing on her face. "You took the attention of the wimp of here," he thrusted his thumb towards Jaime, who she could see scrambling to get up through the other students legs. "Now you get what he was getting."

"Why are you such an asshole?" Elenora asked mindlessly, not even realizing her words before his face made the transformation, and his fist greeted her eye. Flying right into a locker, Elenora covered her eye with her instinctively, and looked up towards the boy. He looked nothing less of horrifying, the way his lip twitched and his eyebrows were raised. The crowd was sent into uproar when a kick hit her side, and she let out a grunt. Someone in the crowd yelled out, "Hit her harder, Flash!" He smirked at this.

Elenora had never witnessed so much hate in someone's eyes. "Get up," he ordered, gripping her arm and shoving her against the locker. "Who the hell are you, Elenora?" he growled.

"I'm no one," she muttered in pain, being shoved into the lockers once more.

"You're right about that," he told her. "You're nothing. Don't try that crap with me again."

Then the crowd dispersed among the hallways, and no one was there to help Elenora up, so she did it herself. Limping, she brought herself to her science class.

***

No one noticed.

No one.

Not a single person called out the black eye forming on Elenora's face, or the slight stumbled she had whenever she moved. Everyone passed by her as if she was invisible. Maybe she was. She was so out of it, she couldn't tell anymore. She went to her classes. Said "here" when he name was call. No one questions the new girl.

She was supposed to walk to the Stark Towers, but she remembered that Bucky told her that if she ever didn't feel well enough to go, to take the bus home. He said that he would be there everyday after school until 4:30, just incase she wanted to take a break. It seem like the perfect opportunity for a break.

Elenora was no longer just physically hurt, her mental dams broke and a lot of things came crashing down on her. Times in her foster homes when she'd get into fights- she remember no one caring to hear here side of the story. She was immediately in trouble.

Elenora was worried, to say the least, about how Steve and Bucky would react. Would they blame her? Would they hate her? Would she have to run, Again?

Every bump that the bus drove over shot pain through her stomach and heart, and she let out a series of small grunts during the bus ride. No one heard.