Prologue

Third Person's POV

*Flashback*

"Jin?" she weakly called him. She's lying on the bed with him beside her. The two of them were alone in a house somewhere in Jeju Island where they ran away.

The doctor already told them that she won't be able to survive her sickness anymore as it got worse. That they were just waiting for her to go.

And now... is the time for her to leave.

"Yes? Do you need something, Shaira?" he asked as he held her hand tighter. Little did he know that she's already speaking her last words.

"I'm sorry, Jin," she gently squeezed his hand. Feeling his warmth for the last time.

"Why? You did nothing wrong," he's clueless and confused about what she's saying. "What are you apologizing for?"

"I'm sorry I couldn't keep my... promise. Go back to Seoul. Meet my parents and tell them that I'm sorry and I love them so much. You too, always be happy my little Jin," she forced a smile. Her lips as pale as ever.

"What? Why? No. Why are you saying these? Stop it, Yoon Shaira. It's not funny," he acted mad. But he can't be mad at her for real.

"Can you come closer?" she slightly pulled him and he leaned closer to her. Expecting her to whisper something in his ears. But she gave a peck on his lips. She gave her last kiss to him. "I love you..."

"I love you too, Yoon Shaira. Forever," he caressed her cheeks and gave her a deep kiss on her temple. He heard her exhale as she genuinely smiled. He smiled back and noticed her hand lost its grip on his hands. That exhale was her last breath. Her heart stopped beating. She died in his arms. "Shaira? Shaira? Wake up!" he gently tapped her shoulders and slightly shook her hoping that she'd open her eyes again. "No, Shaira, come back! Shaira! No way! You can't do this! Come back to me please, please..." his tears flowing endlessly.

Mara's POV

*Present time*

It's the beginning of a new school year. This year's my last year as a Junior High School. I'm actually having second thoughts about attending the first day. I'm a transfer student with no one to count on. I feel very scared, isolated and invisible. I came to see the school a few times now but it's still very unfamiliar to me. The wide school ground, high buildings and the students... all are different from what I am used to. For me, these are enough reasons to back off and give up from the new world that seems to eat me.

It was just the right time to arrive at school. I didn't struggle in looking for my homeroom because of the school employee that guides new students.

"This'll be your homeroom for the rest of the year, Ms. Yoon. Good luck," the school employee said before leaving and as a way of saying thank you, I bowed.

"Phew! I can do this," I tried to cheer myself up as I took the first step to go inside.

Upon entering, I felt very little. All of their attention was on me. I seemed magnetized by their eyes. I see sharp eyes on me. "Maybe because I'm new," I thought.

I scanned my eyes around the room to find a vacant seat when suddenly a boy came and said "Hi! I'm Jimin. You're Yoon Mara, aren't you? The transfer kid?"

"Yes, hello Jimin. Just call me Mara," I answered shyly.

"So cute," he whispered with a smile. "Okay then, sit beside me!" As soon as he finished what he was saying, he grabbed my wrist and pulled me to follow him.

Despite the shock that he gave me, "An emergency friend, indeed," I told myself.

The bell rang. Indication that the classes should start. At that point, I felt a little lighter because of Jimin. He never stopped talking until I found myself talking and saying stories too.

We became closer in just a few moments. We had a lot of time since our first subject teacher is still on vacation overseas.

"So, you're from Busan," he said.

"Did I mention that?" I giggled.

"Hey, you just did!"

"Oh really? I can't remember," I grinned.

"Didn't you mention it?!" he scratched his temple and began doubting looking at the ceiling of the classroom.

I laughed at his cute look.

"Aish, you're fooling me!" he shouted while pointing at me. I shook my head while wearing an innocent face but ended up laughing at him.

He then started running towards me but with a fast reaction, I ran away at full speed. Both of us ran all around the room giggling.

The whole class is eyeing us. If a while ago I felt very little, now I've gained some confidence. That feeling of awkwardness was easily blown with the help of Jimin's charm.

In a bit, he stopped chasing. I also stopped running but I continued walking backwards to watch out for his next move.

"Hey! Jimin! Tired already?" I teased him but his face was focused on something. I took another step backwards "Hey, what's wrong with you?" but as I continued taking steps, I felt something. Wait, was it elevated? "OMO!" I'm falling!

I can hear gasps from my classmates but I chose to close my eyes preparing myself to hit the ground.

But...

Why am I not feeling any pain?

Without knowing anything, I slowly tilted my head upwards and I saw a man's chin. I saw nostrils and long eyelashes. His cheeks were also notable. And his lips, they're the nicest pair I saw. I'm certain, with clear eyes I can say that this guy is actually good looking.

"Woah, he's so tall," I whispered in awe.

I happened to notice and read his nametag "Kim Seokjin"

-----

Author's Note:

Hello Armys! Or should I just call you readers? Whatever.

So this is my third story and first BTS fanfic. I'm sure some of you are readers from SMTMEC, am I right? But I hope you still support this one :3

Please tell me if you find this boring or so.

I also just wanna tell you in advance that you may find some scenes similar to any other dramas but not everything in this story is from them.

Some may be just by coincidence and not intentional.

THIS STORY IS VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY COMPLICATED. IT HAS A LOT OF ISSUES AND YES, STORY FAILURES. IF YOU'RE TOO KEEN OF GRAMMAR, THEN BACK OFF! BUT IF YOU STILL WANT TO READ THIS DESPITE OF THE SAID FAILURES THEN, YOU MAY DO AS YOU WISH. JUST DON'T BLAME ME IF YOUR GUT COILS IN EXTREME FRUSTRATION WHENEVER YOU SEE THE CRINGE-WORTHY MISTAKES.

(but yes, blame me because I am the frustrated author of this story so, *bows* I REALLY AM SORRY)

Do not plagiarize. No copying, printing and saving the story in any forms of technology. Any violations will be reported and immediate actions will be taken!

But I tell you, I'm no professional writer/author. So please understand.

PS:

The cover above is made by @sensicobeatrice so I would like to thank her for exerting such effort in making it for me. Tysm Mom, i love you dearly you know that ♥

X O X O ~

Date Started: 20161230 (Taehyung's birthday okay)
Date Finished: Still ongoing

Me in 2020: SORRY GUYS I MUST BE REALLY OUT OF MY MIND WHEN I WAS WRITING THIS STORY FOUR YEARS AGO LOL PLEASE UNDERSTAND THE IMAGINATION OF A FIFTEEN-YEAR-OLD-HIGHSCHOOLER THANK YOU SO MUCH 😂