Chapter~~18

NAVIA

            The driveway had a red carpet on it and the outside of the house was elegantly decorated. There were lights everywhere. It looks so beautiful, like it was taken out of a movie. I looked over to Lucas. He had a huge smile on his lips.

            “I wanted to surprise you” he said. “Tonight Demons, Myxs, and humans will join together. It will be a wonderful night that will end with me marking you as mine.” He parked his car in front of the door and turned off the engine. “Tonight will be special.” He got out and opened my door for me. He held a hand out to me. I took it and he helped me out of the truck. I looked around and took in the beautiful scene. “Come. Let us go inside.” He led me inside.

            I wanted to go look around more but Lucas wouldn’t let me. He led me up to our bedroom where I began to get ready for the evenings events. At around seven Lucas left me to greet the guests. I was almost ready and just needed to put on the finishing touches. I was doing my hair when I was caught in my reflection in the mirror. I put down my brush and stared at myself.

            My life has changed so much in just a few months. I lost everyone dear to me in an accident that I don’t even remember. I found out I’m a Myx and bonded to an amazing guy that makes me happy. And tonight he’s going to mark me, and we’re going to have sex. Shouldn’t I be ecstatic that my life is coming together? I don’t feel happy, I just get sad when I think about it.

            A tear rolled down my cheek and almost immediately after there was a knock at the door. “Navia, are you alright? Why are you crying?” Lucas asked through the door.

            “I’m fine” I yelled back “I’m just a little nervous. That’s all.”

            “Lying to me and yourself will not change anything Navia.” I heard the door open and he soon stood behind me. “What troubles you lover?”

            “I just can’t help but wish that Vicki or my parents could be here with me.” Tears rolled down my eyes and my throat was quivering. “I miss them so much.” Lucas wrapped his arms around me.

            “I am so sorry Navia. Losing your family hurts terribly, I can feel it. I do not know exactly what it is like. I have lost everyone I ever knew, but that was a long time ago.” He looked down at me with gentle and understanding eyes. “Give it time and you will move past the hurt of losing them. I promise you it gets easier.” For a few moments Lucas held me in his arms.

            When I felt better I went back to getting ready and Lucas returned back down stairs. I finished my hair and redid my makeup. I found the beautiful black and cream dress, that Lucas showed me weeks ago, in the closet and slipped it on. It was strapless and I couldn’t quite zip it up all the way. I opened the door a crack and called out. A woman that I have seen working around the house came over to me. She zipped up the rest of my dress and went on her way.

            It fit perfectly, hugging every curve of my body. It feels like this dress was made for me. I went over to the mirror and saw what I looked like. My hair was down with curls in it. The ends of my hair blended in with the black the dress. I quickly put on some lipstick and went out the door. I could hear the noise coming from down stairs as I approached the stairs. I was about to take my first step down the stairs when I realized I wasn’t wearing shoes. I rushed back into my room and into the closet. I found a pair of heels and put them on. I went back outside and to the stairs. I began to make my decent down them and things got quiet.

            Lucas was standing at the bottom of the stairs with smoldering eyes and the most beautiful smile. He was wearing a black tuxedo. He looked like he had just stepped out of a dream and was waiting to carry me off into the night. Once I was at the bottom of the stairs Lucas took my hand and he led me into the ballroom. There was a crowd of people staring at me. We stood in the middle of the room and everyone made a circle around us. I could point out the Demons surrounding me. I felt their powers, almost like heat coming from an animal. A loud screech rang through the room. It was very high and came close to being painful. I looked over to Lucas who was staring at the crowd of people intensely.