Chapter~~16

NAVIA

            Lucas surprised me that night. We were snuggling in bed when he told me. I ran to the closet and changed. When I was dressed I returned to the main bedroom and saw Lucas sitting on the bed already changed. We took a limo to the club. Once inside excitement began to rise in me. There were humans dancing and smiling in every corner of the club. Lucas took me to the Demons section, and introduced me to a couple Demons. I said hello to them and then immediately asked Lucas to dance with me.  He agreed and took me down to the dance floor.

            We danced for a while and I was having the time of my life. But Lucas got tired and went back to the Demon’s section. I stayed in the dance floor and danced with the people around me. My heart was pumping and every part of me felt free. I danced for hours until I got tired. I sat down at a table and rested. A guy came up to me. He was short with brown hair and blue eyes. He was very cute.

            “Hey there. Do you mind if I sit with you.” I was hesitant at first because of what happened the last time I was here, but nodded my head. I will control myself. “A beautiful girl like you shouldn’t be sitting by yourself.” The way he said it made me laugh. “I’m Tom.”

            Tom and I talked for a while, and at one point he grabbed my hand. I pulled it away from him, but in the seconds that our hands touched I saw into his mind. I knew that when he was five he fell off his bike and broke a finger. I knew that his father disowned him last year when he told him he was gay. I knew what he had for breakfast this morning. I knew everything about him. My head hurt from all his memories. I put my hands on my head, and got up from the table. I turned and ran away from him. My head hurts so freaking bad.

            I headed to the girls bathroom but was stopped by Lucas. As soon as I saw him tears poured out of my eyes. I fell into his arms and clutched onto him like my life depended on him. Lucas put his hand down my shirt and over my heart. Then I felt very cold and almost empty, but the pain was gone. Then I felt warm all over. I looked up to Lucas, who looked exhausted.

            “Lucas what happened? He touched my hand for a second and I knew everything about him.” I still knew but not as detailed.

            “You went through his mind. When you touched you made a connection and read his mind.”

            “Why with that guy? I touched other people before when I was dancing.”

            “Where you focusing on something?”

            “No I don’t think so.”

            “Navia you had to be, I could feel it the whole time. You were concentrating on something, and in the process you summoned some of your power.”

            “I was focusing on not losing control, like I did the last time I was here.” I looked down at my feet. If I keep this up Lucas will never take me anywhere.

            “It is okay. This is why we take things slowly. You will soon be able to go where ever. It is just a question of when” he gave me a hug and sent me back out to the dance floor. ‘Do not worry, I will be watching out for you’ he whispered in my mind. I went back out to the main area and saw that Tom was still sitting at the table. I went over to him, and he rose from his chair when I came near.

            “I’m so sorry if I did or said something that offended you.” He looked truly sincere. I feel even worse now. I made Tom upset, by leaving like that.