Chapter ~~7

NAVIA

            I woke up the next morning around noon. Once I was fully awake and fed I went to the dean’s office. He just wanted to check on me and make sure I was okay. He also told me that I was to start my classes tomorrow. I didn’t do much for the rest of the day. Mostly I organized my room. Once I was done with that there was only one flaw with my room. I had a box of unknown things sitting in the corner. I guess it will just have to stay there for now. Time flew by and before I knew it the day had ended.

            I awoke the next morning to my alarm buzzing. I hit at my clock searching for the right button to stop the noise. Eventually the buzzing stopped. I slowly rose to see the clock. My vision was blurry so I blinked a couple times trying to clear my vision. It was just after seven o’clock. Slowly I got out of bed, and made my way to the bathroom. After a shower and everything else I put on a pair of black skinny jeans, and a pale blue shirt. I zipped up, the gray hoodie I got from the anonymous package, over my shirt. It was so soft and comfortable, and was really starting to grow on me. 

            I went to the dining hall to grab something quick to eat. As I entered the room a few reflexive glances fell upon me but they quickly looked away just as quickly. As I walked up the center aisle I didn’t see anyone I knew. Thank god. I hurried up to the food and pulled out a muffin and walked away. I was out the door when I ran into someone. I was looking behind me like was one of those girls in horror movies.

            I walked full force into someone and would have fallen backwards if they hadn’t grabbed my arm. In the process of catching me whoever had grabbed hold of my naked wrist. As quick as I could I steadied myself and took a step back. Though I was steady and standing on my feet he held onto my wrist. I looked into his eyes and I began to hear a voice inside my head.

            ‘I can feel the power emanating off of her. She will be able to do amazing things once she is bonded. Her green eyes are hypnotizing. They are like none I have ever seen before. I wonder who she will be bonded to. All the other Demons have been talking about her. They can feel her power and want it as their own. But all these Demons are too weak. It would take a very strong Demon for their Myx to have this kind of power.’ Then a darker voice sounded in my head. ‘I want her as my own.’

            By the time the voice stopped my head was spinning. I stopped and really looked at this Demon. He was an inch taller than me with long brown hair. His hair was almost covering his eyes it was so long. His yellow eyes glowed in the shadows of his hair. He looked indifferent with just the slightest hint of curiosity. There was a frown on his lips.

            I need to get away from this guy. Oh my god. I heard his thoughts. I watched his mouth and it didn’t move the whole time. I heard it perfectly. But it felt like more than just that. It was almost like while we touch we are connected. It was like his mind was a filing cabinet and I just skimmed through some of this papers. I not only heard his thought but went deeper into his head.

            I knew his name and many other things about him. I felt my pulse quicken. How did that just happen?

            “Thank you for catching me Victor.” Once I said that I regretted it.

            In an instant his eyes opened wide, and his frown turned into a straight line. I tried to leave but he had a tight hold on my wrist. I tugged at my arm trying to get free but he refused to release me.

            “How did you know my name?” he asked in amazement.

            I lied hoping he would release me. “A friend told me.” I tried my hardest to keep my voice steady. Because my heart was beating like crazy and my legs were beginning to shake.