Chapter ~~9

LUCAS

            I walked in the room to see Myxs and Demons seated all around the room. Jessica Marsden stood on stage behind a wood podium. She was a short Demon with light orange hair. Her hair curls to just below her shoulder. Right below her hair there was a z shaped scare under her shirt. The only reason I knew was because I gave it to her. She and I have a lot of history together. She was the oldest Demon here before I arrived. She was just under a thousand years old. She looked at me with a fake smile and eyes cold. I walked up the center aisle. Demons bowed their heads showing me the proper respect as I passed them. I walked up to the stage and climbed the stairs. I made my way to Jessica and stopped when I stood next to her. I waited for her to bow. She turned to face me, her fake smile still in place, and her eyes blazing with anger. I looked down at her, still waiting. She put her fist over her heart and bowed. I bowed my head acknowledging and accepting her bow.

            “I take it you will be enrolling here” she said in a cold voice.

            “Yes I am.”

            “Welcome. Everyone” she addressed the crowd in a sickeningly sweet voice “this is Lucas, our newest Demon.”

            I turned and faced the crowd. Instantly my eyes focused on Navia. She sat in the middle of the room, her green eyes locked on me, and her mouth hung slightly open. A mix of emotions was crossing her face. There was evident shock and wonder, but there was also a mix of happiness and pain. She is as beautiful as the last time I saw her. I want to go to her right now. Wrap her in my arms, and tell her I will never leave her again. So much has happened since the last time we saw each other. My body warmed as I gazed at her.

            “I’ll make you a schedule immediately and tomorrow you can start your classes.”

             I walked off the stage and leaned against the wall. I looked over to Navia, she was still looking at me. Her eyes were a wonderful reprieve from the awful things I saw while away. I want her. Navia and I stared at each other, until she looked away.

            I waited for this gathering to end. I waited against that wall for far too long, but it eventually did end. I rushed out the doors and waited for Navia to exit. My bad mood began to fade at the thought of talking with Navia. Just being with her can redeem the most terrible of days.

            Moments later Myxs and Demons began pouring out of the doors. Many looked at me, curious and serious gazes fell upon me, but I paid them no attention. After what felt like an hour of searching she walked out the door. She was wearing a dark purple shirt and dark jeans. Her black hair was straight. I have never seen her hair like this before. Her green eyes were sparkling and instantly locked on mine. Her pace slowed until it came to a complete stop. She stared at me clearly unsure.

            Hesitantly she took a step forward. She looked at me like she questioned if I was even standing here. Yes come closer, come to me. She took another small step forward. It was starting to hurt to have her so close but still so far away. I took a step. A smile slowly spread to her lips. She took another step, this one bigger than the last. Every inch closer she got the better I felt. We were a mere few feet away and it is killing me to not have her in my arms already.

            Claude, a Demon that I absolutely loath, came out of nowhere and wrapped his arm around her waist. He turned her and led her away from me. She looked back at me, her eyes longing. The fury that began to build in me was maddening. I stared at her back furious and confused. Claude kept pushing her forward, and soon she was out of my sight. I might just kill Claude for this.