Chapter~~15

LUCAS

            When we arrived at the club I got nervous. Myxs were supposed to be isolated from people for the first month of being bonded. I just could not refuse her when she asked to leave. I will just have to watch her very closely. I took her to the Blood Bank. There I could easily keep an eye on her. There was a Demon standing outside the blood bank. He was the bouncer. He bowed to me and I nodded. I flashed my fangs at him and he moved to the side letting us in.

            We entered the club, and there was loud music playing and bright lights flashing everywhere. The music came to a stop. Every Demon turned to me and bowed, placing their right fist over their heart. The humans saw this and their eyes focused on me and Navia. I nodded accepting their bow and the music came back on. I looked over to Navia. She had wide eyes roaming all over the room.

            I led her on and headed to the Demon’s section. She followed close behind me. We went up the stairs that led to the balcony that hung over part of the dance floor. There was another Demon standing in front of the entrance. I flashed him my fangs and like the other Demon he moved aside. There are only a four Demons up there. There was one Myx sitting next to his Demon. I saw two empty seats and led Navia over to them and sat down. Navia turned in her seat looked over the balcony to all the humans dancing below.

            “Hello Lucas, I have not seen you in a century” said Alexandria. She was one of the Demons that were sitting in the Demon’s section. We were acquaintances, and talk every once and a while. The only other Myx there was bonded to her. He was of average height with long blonde hair and hazel eyes. “This is my Myx, Scott.” He stared at me unsure of what to do.

            “This is my Myx Navia.” I picked her up and turned her around. “She is newly bonded.” Alexandria took a long sniff of the air. Then looked at me with an odd look.

            “So she is.” I stood up and bared my fangs at her. That is plain disrespect and I will not stand for it.

            Fear crossed her eyes, and she bowed to me and said “Forgive my disrespect.”

            I waved my hand at her. “Leave me” I commanded. She nodded and left with her Myx.

            “What was all that about?” Navia asked.

            “Alexandria did not show me the proper respect so I told her to leave.” Navia looked like she had more to say but something below us had caught her interest.

            “Let’s go dance.”

            “Go dance without me.” I am in no mood for dancing.

            “I want you to come with me” she pleaded.

            “Go. I will be right here.” She pouted for a few moments and then she got up from her seat. I watched as she went down the stairs and joined the crowd of humans. Navia danced for some time. She was happy, I could feel it through the bond. I saw this one human boy. He had been looking at Navia all night. He made his way over to her and began to dance with her. Navia didn’t notice him much at first. Then they began to dance and my fangs descended. He better not touch her.

            A Demon then began to talk with me. I met him a long time ago during the French revolution. We talked about times long past and how things have changed. He became Demon just before the French revolution and seemed to be stuck in that time period. He will not last long if does not adapt. I began to feel Navia through the bond. She was feeling over stimulated and a little out of control. I excused myself from the conversation and went down to where the humans danced.