Chapter ~~5

LUCAS

            What have I done? I lost control of my power and I almost hurt Navia. I am a monster.

            “Navia I need to leave.” Navia’s face visibly fell.

            “No don’t leave me. I need you to stay with me. Please?”

            “Navia I will return but I need to feed immediately.” I could hear her heart pumping, sending blood through her body. That life sustaining liquid. Damn it! I crave it, but despise it at the same time. “I need to feed. I have not fed in over a week.”

            “You’re going to come back right?”

            “Yes”

            “Promise” she demanded.

            “Yes I promise.” I said roughly.

            With that I got out of that bed and put on my jacket and sneakers. My mouth was watering. God she smells delicious. I rushed out the door and in the hallway I could smell the rest of the hospital. Blood is all over the place. I could smell it in every direction. I hurried hurry out of the hospital in fear of what I might do. The closest place to get blood legally is a six hour flight from here. I do not feel like flying there, but I decide to. Navia deserves a good man. I took off, going as fast as I could.

             I headed to the Blood Bank. It was a poorly named club for Demons and Myxs. Humans were let in as well, but I never bothered with them. Demons can get something to eat, and Myxs can dance and socialize with others. (A lot of these types of clubs have popped up since Demons came out of hiding. Before there was a couple secret clubs, made just for Demons and their Myxs. Most humans just thought they were regular extremely exclusive clubs.) I made it there in five hours and thirty five minutes. It was late morning, and all the humans should be gone. They usually weren’t there in the morning.

            The outside of the club was dark red. I walked in to find three Demons, and two Myxs seated around the bar. There was another Demon behind the bar, chatting up the two Myxs. I flare my power at them announcing my presence. They immediately turned to face me. They got out of their seats and bow to me by placing their right fist over their heart and bending over. I nodded at them accepting their bows of obedience. (The older Demons are the more powerful they are. So the more dominance they have over other Demons. Younger Demons are then inclined to show respect to older Demon. I am the oldest Demon here.) I walk up to the bar. The bartender was a Demon with long black hair. He had a tattoo on his neck that went down under his shirt.

            “What can I get you?” he asked.

            “Blood, AB negative.”

            I felt a presence coming from behind me. I turned to see my good friend Jonathan behind me. He was tall, with brown hair and hazel eyes. Jonathan and I used to gather together decades ago, getting into all sorts of trouble. Jonathan bowed to me same as the others did and I nodded to him as well.

            “Jonathan, how long has it been?” I shook his hand.

            “Decades. Far too long Lucas. How have you been?”

            “Here is your blood.” The bartender interrupted, placing a glass of that beautiful dark liquid on the bar. I took the glass and drank it down, hating how much I loved it, how I depended on it.