The Idea

I wake up the next morning feeling refreshed.  I yawn quietly and stretch my arms.  I look around.  Everybody is asleep.  Wait.  There's shuffling in the cage.  I wriggle out of my sleeping bag and walk over to it, dodging the bodies of the sleeping. As I approach the cage he rolls over and glares at me.

"You're lucky we didn't throw you out", I say.  He just continues to glare at me.  If looks could kill, i'd be dead.

"So why haven't you?" he asks, raising is eyebrows slightly.

"I don't know.." I mumble. It comes out sounding like a question.  "What's your name?"

"Josh."

"I'm Ivy."

I hear groans from behind me.  I turn around.  The rest of us are waking up.

I glance at him one last time and walk away.

____________________________________________________________________

"Okay, so how are we going to do this?"

We were all sitting in a circle, trying to figure out how to get out of the building and into a safer one.

"I say we try to get to the mall", I state.  Everybody stares at me blankly. "It's got a gun shop, a camping shop and it's got a massive fence around it.

"How far away is it?" asks the dark skinned army guy.

"A ten minute drive."

"Lets go shopping."

A/N

Unedited!

Please vote or comment! Hope that you had a great Christmas!

Oh, and i'm looking to see if somebody here can create a new cover.  Message me if you can please!