The Light

And that's when the bomb goes off.

—————————————————————————————

We all fall to the ground and shield our heads.  As it goes silent I notice that there are no death groans or gunfire.  My ears are ringing.  I raise my head .  

"Is everybody okay?" I shout.  Thankfully, everybody is.  We all head inside and lock the doors behind us.  Tight.

"I'm so glad that you're okay!"  I hug Hope and Stella.  We all take the stairs up to the rooftop to see what the city around us really looks like.  

We reach the top and go to the railing.  

Buildings are crumbling and on fire.  The streets are littered with the dead and the well.....undead.  I survey the other buildings, hoping to see any signs of life.  Something catches my eye on the  building closest to my right.

"Hey!  Hey! Over here! Hey! Please! Help!" I hear the shouts of a woman.  She's reflecting something, a mirror probably from the sun to us.  I get a clear view of her, as the building is only about 8 metres away.  

We all run to the railing near her.  "Please help! " she says again.  Another two heads pop up.  One is a girls head, around 12 and the other is a dogs head.  "Can you please help us? We're not infected!"

Well, they don't look zombified, just a little dirty and tired. But don't we all?

"Sure!"