Chapter 14. Problems

Groaning at the sound of my phone ringing I roll over and check the clock. Who the hell is calling me at 4:33 in the morning? Roughly grabbing my phone I look at the caller I.D. My face quickly heats up with anger when I see the name. After stareing at the name for one long agonizing minute I decide to send it to voice mail. Just as I begin to calm and relax, it rings again. I pull the blanket over my head and stare into the darkness. The ringing stops. The piercing ring fills my ears only it seems louder. I tightly close my eyes hoping maybe if I pretend its not there it'll go away. It doesn't go away. Furiously flipping the covers from over my head I sit up. I'm left only to answer. "Hello." I say furiously. "We need to talk." says the voice through the phone.

"Why?"

"Quinton just meet me at Jay's Pizzeria."

I hang up the phone and look over at Jasmine who is sound asleep. Getting up I put on some clothes. The sound of Jasmine mumbleing startles me. Kissing her on the forehead I grab my keys and go. I get in my truck and drive to the pizzeria. Pulling into the parking lot and parking I get out and walk into the resaurant. I scan the room and it isn't long before our eyes meet. Slowly walking to the booth I take a seat. We sit in silence for a while. Impatient and tired I run my fingers through my hair.

"What do you want Stephanie?" I say with no emotion. She smiles and leans forward. Her v-neck shirt gives a broad view of her breasts, but I don't look. When she notices the serious expression on my face she leans back and crosses her arms. "Why haven't you been answering my calls?" she asks with a pouty face. Rolling my eyes I look out the booth window. "I told you we are done." I state. Stephanie gasps and frowns. "No Quinton. We're not done until I say we're done. We love eachother. I love you .Quinny are you listening?" her voice cracks. I don't say anything.

"What do you want? Tell me what to do and I will do it. I'm begging you to love me back." she cries. I look at her and she covers her face crying harder. I can't stand to see a girl cry. No matter who they are or what they did, I always give in. Fuck. I slide out the booth and go to the other side where Stephanie sits. Grabbing her arm I pull her to her feet and hug her. She lays her head against my chest and wipes her eyes. I let go her and she gives me a sad smile. "Bye Stephaine." I say walking away. She gives a loud moan and comes after me.

I walk out the restaurant and through the parking lot. I can hear Stephanie behind me."Is it because of her? Is it beacuse of that skanky bitch Jasmine!" she yells out after me. Stopping in my tracks I ball up my fists. "I'll fuck her up! I'll fuck that bitch up! I'll fuck her and that baby up!" she screams. Turning around I see the pure hate in her. I walk up to her and look her in the eyes. "I'll make that bitch pay." she says. "Don't you ever lay a finger on Jasmine. Let me find out you did and that'll be the last of you." I say reassuring. I walk back to my truck and bring it to life. Stephanie stands speechless. She gives a loud scream before storming off to her car. I leave the pizzeria and speed back to the house. In a hurry to get in and see if jasmine is ok I struggle to get the door open. Finally opening the door I run upstairs and into the room. Rushing to Jasmine's side I find her still peacefully sound asleep. Running my hand gently across her face I admire her beauty. I undress and get back in bed. Jasmine rolls over and bumps into my chest. "Where'd you go?" she asks rubbing her eyes. I can't tell her I just met up with Stephanie. "Ma called and needed me." I lie. She nods her head and snuggles against my chest. Wrapping my arms around her I hold onto her tightly. Stephanie's ass better not lay a finger on Jasmine or do anything to jeopardize my unborn babygirl's life. Nothing nor anybody can break the bond I already have with the little creature.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Author's Note:

I knoooooww. i'm really sorry for the extra late update. i've just been really wrapped up with school and stuff. i'll update asap. and yes it's short, just a filler chapter. can you guess what'll happen next??