Chapter 1. A Secret Yet To Come

~ 8 Weeks Later ~

~ Jasmine's P.O.V. ~

As seconds quickly turn into minutes, here I am pacing back and forth. Waiting for an answer I've thought to have years from now. Who would of thought my future would be determined by the answer on a stick. Looking at the time, its 10:23pm. Taking deep breaths, I slowly walk over to the counter where my future is being held. I close my eyes hoping for the best. Slowly opening my eyes, there it was...

Yes. There it is... the answer to my future. Right here in front of me in big bold blue letters. I can't believe it. Trying to process what seems to be, I cry silently. This can't be happening to me. I am only sixteen, I'm still a child myself. I have my whole life ahead of me. Having a baby will ruin me. I can't have a baby! I just can't!

What will my family think of me? They'll look at me with such disgust and hatred. I'll be their biggest disappointment. And school? I'll be known as the girl who got pregnant at sixteen. I can't face the humiliation. "Jasmine?" asked my brother from the other side of the locked door. "I'll be out in a minute." I said startled. I quickly put the pregnancy test back in it's box and disposed of it. Tucking it at the bottom of the trashcan, I wash my hands and wipe my face. I open the door and find Chris sitting on my bed. "What's up?" I asked bubbly. "There's a party tonight., can you cover for me?" he asked. What a typical Chris. Always sneaking out and asking me to cover for him. "Of course." I say in a duh tone. The bond we share is wonderful. We stay out of each others way but then again we have each others back. "Thanks sis." he said kissing my cheek and walking out the door.

I go to my closet and change into some shorts and a tank top. I turn the light off, climb into bed and turn on the tv. My eyes slowly close.

I wake up to the sun dancing in my face. Thoughts of last night run through my mind and my stomach churns. I hear Louie scratching at my door, I get up and let her in. She jumps onto the bed and whines for me to rub her. I smile and walk over to her. I've had Louie for three years now, since she was six weeks old. "Oh Louie, I'm so scared." I say scratching her head. I do my morning routine, put on something comfortable and head downstairs. I see my dad sitting in his chair eating breakfast and drinking coffee. 'Goodmorning daddy." I say kissing him on his cheek. "Goodmorning babygirl." he says. I take a seat on the couch and turn on the tv. "Where's your brother?" he asked. Shit! "Umm, he stayed the night over a friend's house." I said casually. "Oh. When we gets home tell him to call me."

"Alright."

He took his plate and cup into the kitchen and went to his room. Minutes later he came back with his briefcase and work stuff. "I have to go in today and finish up some work. I should be home around six." he said straightening his tie. I nod my head. He leaves and I hear the car pull out the drive way.

I get up and make me something to eat. Louie follows behind me waiting for me to drop some food. I feed her and go upstairs to my room. I check my phone and see two missed calls from my bestfriend Mya. I call her back. "Hey chica." she says. "Wassup?" I ask. "Nothing. I miss you Jas!" she said happily.

"I miss you to Mya. You want to come over and chill?"

"Hell yeah! I'll be there in like ten minutes."

"Alright hurry." We got off the phone and I turned on my radio blasting Bad by Wale. I walk downstairs to the kitchen and gather snacks. The doorbell rings and Louie runs to the door barking. I run to the door and open it. Mya squeals and quickly pulls me into a big hug. "I missed your ass!" she said excited. "I missed you to." I said back. I lwt her in and we go to my room. She sat on the bed and bobbed her head to the beat if the song. I haven't seen my bestfriend in two months. Her family went on vacation to the Caribbean Islands. I turn down the music and sit in my chair. "So when did get back?" I asked with a grin. "Yesterday." she said.