Chapter 13. Fourteen Weeks Pregnant

*Two Days Later*

"Jasmine I'm ready to go!" Chris yells at me from downstairs. "Ok! I'm coming!" I quickly retort. I grab my phone and walk downstairs.

"It's about time." Chris mumbles. I stop in front of him and send him a sharp glare. Our eyes lock in place and he grins. Ohhh it's on... stareing contest! Seconds later Chris blinks and I bust out laughing. "You never win. Why do you even try." I state. "Yeah whatever. Come on before we're late." he says heading for the front door. Following behind him I close the door and get in the car. Chris puts the keys in the ignition bringing his cherry red Mustang to life. Playing with the engine he lets it roar continuously. "Wooo whoooo! What do you know about that sis?" he yells over the noise. "Oh whatever. Shut up and drive." I say. Pulling out the drive way Chris speads down the street.

Looking out the window I take a deep breath. Quinton finally gets to come home and we find out the gender of the baby. I shiver at the thought of it. It's real. This is real. I'm really pregnant.

Pulling up into the hospital parking lot, Chris parks the car and we get out. We walk through the revolving doors to the elevators. I push the up button and we head to the sixth floor. Once we reach the sixth floor and the elevator doors open, Chris darts out the elevator and down the hall. I follow closely behind him and he knocks on Quinton's room door. "Come in." I hear Quinton say from the other side. Chris opens the, "My nigga, my nigga!" he exclaims. "Shhhh!" scolds an old nurse walking by. Leave it up to him to get us kicked out. Chris hugs Quinton. "How are you doing man. I see your finally getting out of here." says Chris.

"Man I know. Been in here two weeks and they still iffy on letting me leave. But shit they can't hold a nigga down."Quinton states.

"Ohh and yeah. You'll never believe who was in a nigga's inbox saying she'll give some head." Chris says licking his lips.

T'f? I cough to get their attention. Quinton scratches the back of his head in embarrassment. "Aye bro, I don't know what your talking about. I got a girl and she's beautiful beyond comparison." he says looking my way. He smirks and I immediately blush. Quinton walks over to me. Wrapping his arms around my waist he pulls me closer to him. I throw my arms around his neck. We hold eachother. Leaving gentle kisses along my neck, Quinton and I rock side to side. "You don't know how much I missed you." Quinton whispers in my ear. "You seen me last night." I laugh. "That's twelve hours to many." he looks into my eyes. I swear he could be the sweetest at times. I place my lips on his and consume his love.

A small knock comes to the door and the doctor comes in. "Hello Quinton." says the Dr.

"Hey Dr.Wilson." Quinton greets.

"I see your ready to go."

"Yes Sir. I've got more important things on my mind." Quinton looks at me. His eyes glisten and my heart skips a beat.

"You must be Jasmine, the "more important" thing on his mind." the Dr. says smiling at me.

I slightly nod and hug Quinton a little tighter. "I see thousands of people and yet have I met someone like this young man right here." says the Dr. and winking about me. "He was in very critical condition and you were all he talked about. You've got a toll on him and he really cares about you."

"I really care about him to." I say looking up at Quinton.

"Well here's your release forms. Just sign your name here and here. And then you can leave." the Dr. says.

Quinton signs his name and shakes the Dr's hand. "Thanks for taking care of me." he says.

"It's my job. Now remember what we talked about and take care of this beautiful young lady. See you around." Dr.Wilson inquires. "It was nice meeting you Jasmine."