Chapter 9. The Struggle

~ Quinton's P.O.V. ~

I'm soooo stressed. My mom moved out with my Auntie Karen and Jasmine is ignoring me. She won't answer my calls or reply to my texts. It's weird how someone who you once before seemed so little to you suddenly becomes your everything. She doesn't understand.

I've never felt the way I feel about her before. Besides my little brother, God bless his soul.

She's all I think about and she's all I ever want. Jasmine brings out the best in me. God. What's happened to me. "Aye bro." James says bringing me out of trance. "Yeah." I say.

"What's up with you? You been acting weird lately."

"Jasmine."

"What about her?"

"She's not talking to me. She won't answer my calls and or my texts."

"Damn Quinton. You must really like her. You never trip about a girl."

I lean forward and put my head in my hands. I take a deep breath. "Naw man, as weird as it sounds... I love her."

James doesn't say anything. I look back at him and he has a shocked look on his face. "Crazy right." I say.

"Hell yeah. I didn't think you would ever settle down."

"She's perfect. Her smile. Her hair. She's smart. She respects herself. And she's not like most girls."

"Yeah, but there's only one problem with that."

"What?"

"Chris."

I sit up and stare out the window. Zoey, James's girlfriend walk in the room and sits on his lap. They kiss and makeout. Hell naw. I'm already in my feelings and seeing this makes it worse.

"Aye bro, I'm finna leave." I say.

He brakes their kisses and throws up his hands. "I thought we were going to Dre's crib for his little get together. "Awe yeah. It's already 10:15. Lets bounce." I say.

"Alright. Baby I'll be back. It's going down when I do." he says getting up.

We go to his car and roll out. I put in Drake's album and turn up. Pulling up to the party I see people standing in the yard and dancing with a cup in their hands.

We park and get out the car. Walking up the side walk, everybody gives us hugs and dap. Stepping onto the porch, some drunk girl posts all on me. I get her off of me and go inside the house.

The house is packed and hot as fuck. I scan the room and I see some people fucking on the couch. I laugh to myself. I move around and say hey to people and make a little conversation. Following the chanting coming from the backyard I go to the pool. Girls are stripping clothes, I mean everything and jumping in the water. The music is loud and everyone is having a good time.

I go get a drink and find Dre. "Wassup?" I say standing next to him. "Quinton!" he exclaims.

"This party if fly."

"You know me."

"Man. You got girl on girl action. People fucking, drinks, and car racing."

"Nigga we getting turnt the fuck up. And we won't stop!"

I laugh and get turnt up myself. I'm feeling myself and having a good time. Out of nowhere, a girls walks up and beigins to grind on me. Thoughts of Jasmine immediately channel through my mind.

I quickly move back and bump into some people. They look at me weird and continue doing their thing. I rush off to the bathroom. I close the door behind me and lock it. Whew. I turn on the water and splash some on my face.

Turning off the water I look in the mirror.

A knock at the door comes.

I unlock the door and go back to the party. Dre gets some party games going.

Hang around with my boys and chill. Some girls run up to me and Lamar and say Jeremy is here. This nigga. I haven't seen him since freshman year when he dropped out and devoted his life to the streets. He, me, and Chris used to be boys. That is until he let the streets take over his life.

We quickly find him, he's nothing but trouble. "Naw Jeremy, you can't be here." says Lamar.

Jeremy and his boys post up infront of the door. "Well if it isn't little Quinton James." Jeremy says.

"What are you doing here Jeremy?" I ask with anger in my voice.

"Chill out. I'm just here for the party."

"We all know this ain't your scene."

"Come on Quinton. We used to be boys."

He has smirk on his face and a glare in his eyes.

"Fuck that." I say.

"I see old things don't pass with you."

Anger and rage boil inside of me. I'm trying so hard to keep my cool.

"I talked to Chris." he says.

My mood quickly goes from angry to curious. He and Chris talked?

"Your lying." I say.

"No, really. We been chilling lately."

I don't say anything. I push past them and go outside. I hear him follow out behind me. Some cheerleading run inside to get Dre and the guys.

"He's not to happy that you knocked up his sister." Jeremy says.

I keep walk towards James's car. Dre and the boys come running out the house, as well as everyone else.

"She is a cute little thing to. If you didn't hit it, I would've!" he yells out.

What the did he just say? Oh hell naw. I stop directly in my tracks. I turn around and look him in the eyes.

"But now she's like all the other bitches walking around here, pregnant by a bitch ass nigga." he says with such digust.

Did he just call Jasmine a bitch? She's not like other girls, she's special.

I go at him ready to throw a punch. Throwing a right cross I hit him in the jaw. He comes back at me hitting me hard in the stomach. Dre and the boys try to brake it up. Jeremy's boys jump in and we all fight.

More people try to brake it up. Theres yelling and arguing piercing my ears. James and I walk to his car. "Quinton!" someone yells.

I turn around and........ BOW!

_____________________________________

Author's Note:

wassup guys! what do you think happened?

I must say I love love love writing this book even with the little feedback I get. S/o to @Diggy143Imani ! she's been a supporter of my book since day one. thaaaanksss (: