Chapter 8. Let The Truth Be Told

The sun is slowly lightening up the sky. I open my eyes and get up to go to the bathroom. I do my morning routine and get dressed. I put on grey sweats and a white v-neck t-shirt. And throw on my black and white nikes.

I make my way to the kitchen and eat some cereal. Gathering my stuff for school, the doorbell rings. That must be Quinton. I go to the door and let him in. "Let me get my stuff." I say. He nodds his head. I quickly run upstairs and get my things.

I meet Quinton at his car. We get in and head to school.

We pull up into the school parking lot before the bell first bell rings. I get out the car and start walking towards the building. "I'll se you at lunch." I say. "Alright." says Quinton.

I get into the building and go to my locker. "Hey sunshine." says Mya. I turn around and hug her big. "Oh my goodness. Where were you last week?" I ask relieved. "I told you my dad was sick." she said. Duh, she did say that. "Is he okay?"

"Better than last week, but he's still sick."

"Aww. I hope he gets better."

"Me to. But I heard theres a new guy."

"Oh yeah. Desai, I met him last week."

"He has all the girls, flaunting him."

"Well he is pretty cute."

"I can't wait to meet him." she says biting her lip and smiling. I laugh and we go to class.

First, second, and third period go by fast. It's already time for lunch and I meet Mya at her locker. We put our books away and go to the cafeteria. Getting in line Quinton and the guys walk up to us. "We just came to holla." says Dre checking Mya out. Mya giggles and strikes a pose. "Whatever. I just came to make sure you get something healthy." says Quinton. "Don't worry, I was just going to get some pizza and hot wings." I said. Quinton gives me this disapproving look. "I don't think so sweetheart, what you eat the baby eat's. And I want my son healthy." Quinton says seriously.

"Yes daddy." says Mya sarcastically. I laugh and move with the line.

"I'm forreal." Quinton states.

"And shes's not completely yours." Mya says to him with a grin.

His face goes blank and his eyes come to me. I look away trying to not make eye contact.

We make finally make it to the feont of the line. Quinton orders me a salad and water while everybody gets cheese fries and wings, chicken, pizza, and a soda. We get our food and go ait down. I sit next to Quinton and Mya sits across from me. Dre takes a seat next to Mya. And the rest of the guys sit down as well. Everyone seems to be enjoying lunch, but me. I drink my water and take a few bites of my salad. "What's wrong?" asks Quinton. "Why can't I eat pizza?" I whine. He laughs. "It's not healthy for you and my son."

"Aren't you an athlete?"

"Yeah."

"Then you should be eating this sald and I'll take the pizza." I say switching our plates.

"No no no. I don't think so. Me being an athlete and you being pregnant is two different kinds of healthy. See I can eat pizza and still make a hoop, you can't eat pizza and walk five minutes." he says switching our plates back. Everyone laughs.

I eat the salad and drink the rest of my water.The bell rings and everyone gets up to dump their food. I don't move. My stomach hurts and I'm tired. "Are you coming?" Quinton asks. "I'm tired." I say standing up. "And you thought you could eat pizza." he grinned.

"Shut up."

He helps me up and we dump our plates. Quinton wraps his arm around my waist and walks me to my locker. "Quinton." I say just before he leaves. "Yeah?"