10. Home Sweet Home

Chapter Ten
Home Sweet Home

✰✰✰✰

MOUNT JUSTICE
MARCH 23, 21:04 EDT

Raven woke up to the rhythm of Dick's breathing. It was calming and she found it extremely relaxing. It didn't take long for Dick to wake up and look down to see Raven asleep on his chest. A smile made up the majority of his face as he looked down at her.

      "Morning," Dick greeted her. Raven looked at him, "It's still dark out, Dick. We only slept for three hours."

      "Best nap of my life, that's for sure," He commented, tightening his grip on her. Raven laughed at pushed him away and stood up. "We can check the mission room, I'm itching for some news... on anything."

      Dick sighed and grabbed his mask. He placed it on and opened the door before saying, "Alright but when it's over we are finishing that nap."

      Raven rolled her eyes as they walked into the mission room to hear the computer say, "Recognized: Blue Beetle, B-2-2. Impulse, B-2-3."

      "Left them in the dust!" Impulse cried out. Raven glanced at Nightwing who said, "Left who in the dust?"

      Raven noticed the object in his hand, "And what is that?"

      "Souvenir," Impulse said with a smile, showing them the tracker.

      "Souvenirs are Beast Boy's thing, ese," Blue Beetle commented, turning to the speedster.

      "Oh really? I thought it was Kid Flash," He replied. Nightwing grew impatient, "Can we get to it?"

      "Sorry. Aqualad attacked us with Icicle Jr., the Terror Twins, and a ninja girl I didn't recognize," Blue Beetle explained to them.

      "This is how they tracked Blue," Impulse said, showing them the device. "I made sure they couldn't do it again."

      "So you brought foreign, possibly alien, tech into the cave?" Nightwing questioned.

      "Rookie mistake," Raven added as she glared at the boy.

      Nightwing sighed and held his hand out, "Alright, give it here."

      He pulled up the hologram computer and analyzed it. Nightwing then scolded himself when the results came in, "I'm an idiot!"

      It had been too late. Out of nowhere, Superboy was hurdled at Nightwing knocking him down. Raven turned around to see ice covering the floor.

      "Oh, it's like a classic! Ice over the floor and the speedster can't get traction, right? Wrong," Impulse cried as he took Icicle Jr. down. Raven had turned in time to dodge Tommy Terror's attack towards her. Using his strength, he kept swinging trying to hit the girl.

      "Azarath Metrion Zinthos!" Raven cried as she flew into the air and sent an array of black magic at him.

      He used his arms to block them when Raven's foot was grabbed. She was forcibly smacked to the ground losing consciousness and then thrown above Nightwing and Superboy. Tommy then moved and placed a collar around Raven's neck that would prohibit her from using her powers.

      Nightwing stood up, moving Superboy off of him. He gently placed a kiss on her forehead before setting her down. He then charged towards Tommy.