4. Alienated

Chapter Four Alienated

Chapter Four
Alienated

✰✰✰✰

TAOS
JANUARY 6, 09:58 MST

Raven hated waiting. It was not that she was impatient, but the anticipation that went hand in hand with waiting was dreadful. She stood beside Nightwing as they awaited the arrival of Zeta Squad, otherwise known as Miss Martian, Beast Boy and Superboy. The three, along with Adam Strange, had gone to the planet, Rann, in hopes of cutting the Kroloteans off from the source.

"Sir, we have received a Rannian signal. They are arriving now," A Star Labs scientist said to Captain Atom. Beside him was Green Lantern and Wonder Woman.

"Recognized: Adam Strange, A-1-1. Miss Martian, B-0-5. Superboy, B-0-4. Beast Boy, B-1-9," The computer system announced. Raven's face was painted with an expression of relief, one she quickly dismissed.

"Raven! Nightwing! Check out my super cool alien souvenir!" Beast Boy said running to the two heroes holding a red cloth. Miss Martian scolded him telepathically.

"Zeta squad: report," Nightwing ordered. Miss Martian nodded, "Our mission to neutralize the Krolotean zeta platforms on Rann was a success."

Adam Strange stepped forward, "I have also brought back specs from Rann to create a zeta shield to prevent any more aliens from beaming to Earth from off world."

Captain Atom raised an eyebrow, "How will that affect our own zeta capabilities?"

"It won't. The shield will activate at an altitude above the watchtower's orbit. League zeta tubes will still function normally," Adam explained. Captain Atom nodded.

Beast Boy then grew impatient, "Tell them about Rimbor. Tell them about the sixteen hours."

Wonder Woman, Green Lantern and Captain Atom tensed. Miss Martian sighed, "It may be easier to show you," She established a psychic link showing them Rann, "I successfully interrogated a Krolotean general on Rann who had paid off a member of the Rannian Science Command to allow the Kroloteans to land a secret base in the Rannian jungle. Once there, the Kroloteans stole zeta platform technology from Adam Strange's friend Sardath. They landed another ship in New Orleans and used the zeta platforms to beam a few hundred Kroloteans to Earth. They built more platforms brought in more Kroloteans and began abducting and replacing humans," She told them before diminishing the link. "Perhaps as part of an invasion strategy. Though that's still unclear."

"But why would they come to Earth?" Raven questioned. She just didn't understand why they would want to take her new home.

"And what does any of this have to do with the sixteen hours?" Wonder Woman asked. She was nervous and on edge. She didn't know what to expect.