6. Infiltrator

Chapter SixInfiltrator

Chapter Six
Infiltrator

✰✰✰✰

QURAC
FEBRUARY 19, 19:05 UTC+2

      "Investigating the origin of the alien bomb that destroyed the Krolotean invasion force is still a high priority," Nightwing said through the screen in the bioship. Raven, Batgirl, Miss Martian, Bumblebee and Wonder Girl were assigned a mission to Qurac to investigate information about their most previous mission. "We suspect the bomb may have been smuggled to Earth via boom tube. Watchtower sensor scans in Bialya have recorded an uptick in boom tube activity. Alpha squad: your mission is to—"

      Wonder Girl cut Nightwing off, practically jumping in her seat, "Sneak behind enemy lines, recon known boom tube hotspots and find alien tech matching the bomb. Oh, and don't get caught or create an international incident. Right?"

      Raven turned to her from her seat directly in front of the screen, "That about covers it."

      "Simon?" Miss Martian asked Nightwing, narrowing her eyes. Raven knew just how much M'gann hated him. It was best not to question it either.

      "We have confirmation that Bialya's telepathic enforcer's still catatonic in a Quraci hospital after his last encounter with you," Nightwing informed her. Raven turned to Miss Martian who held a small look of relief. "But Bialya's dictator, Queen Bee, is another story. Her ability to control the minds of men is why Alpha is an all female squad for this mission."

      "Oh really?" Batgirl questioned, raising an eyebrow at him. Raven nodded along and added, "Would you have felt the need to justify an all male squad for a given mission?"

      Nightwing struggled to answer keeping his eyes on Raven, who awaited his answer, "There's no right answer for that, is there? So... Nightwing out."

      Batgirl laughed and nudged Raven, "Queen Bee isn't the only woman who can mess with a man's mind."

      Raven laughed slightly at her remark. Bumblebee smirked, "Speaking of which, when do you think Boy Wonder is gonna profess his undying love for you, Rav?"

      Raven furrowed her eyebrows, "His what?"

      The girls glanced at eachother before laughing. Through fits of laughter, Wonder Girl said, "Are you kidding me, Raven? Nightwing totally like, adores you!"

      "What are you all talking about? No, he does not," Raven argued, unaware of the looks she was receiving from the girls. Miss Martian smiled at her, "Whatever you say, Raven."

✰✰✰✰

BIALYA
FEBRUARY 20, 00:12 UTC+2