8. The Plan

Chapter EightThe Plan

Chapter Eight
The Plan

✰✰✰✰

CAPE CANAVERAL
MARCH 19, 21:22 EDT

Raven felt numbed. She placed a hand above her heart as tears flowed down her cheek.

      "28, 29, 30," Nightwing said as he continued giving her CPR. She didn't respond. "She's dead."

✰✰✰✰

✰✰✰✰

MOUNT JUSTICE
MARCH 19, 11:42 EDT
TEN HOURS EARLIER

      "They're both gonna wind up our responsibility, aren't they?" Mal questioned glancing between Superboy and Raven as the image of Bart Allen and of the original Roy Harper appeared on screen. Raven couldn't believe Speedy had actually found him.

      "Not necessarily," Nightwing said glancing at Raven to his left. "Bart, Impulse, is staying with Jay and Joan Garrick in Central City. Roy, the original Speedy is recuperating at Royal Memorial Hospital in Star City. Arrows Green and Red are watching over him."

      "Mm-hm. They're both gonna wind up our responsibility," Mal said making Raven smile a little.

      Superboy turned to him, "Doesn't everything? I mean, where are we on identifying the Light's new partner?"

      Nightwing sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose, "No progress."

      "La'gaan, don't eat so fast," The voice of M'gann said as the couple entered the mission room. Raven cringed at their display of affection. "I can't help it, angelfish. The idea of cooking crabs is amazing enough but making them into little cakes?"

      "You're gonna choke," M'gann laughed at his silliness.

      "If only," Superboy muttered narrowing his eyes. Raven scoffed, "Agreed."

      Nightwing nudged her and sent her a smile. Raven rolled her eyes at the couple before turning to Nightwing with a look of innocence.