Caught In The Act

I wake up with a raging headache and I don't have to try hard to recall what happened last night. Sasuke is lying beside me, eyes closed and looking peaceful. Clearly he's still asleep.

I get up and go to the bathroom, dry swallowing a painkiller before turning on the sink tap and lowering my head to take a sip of water. Hopefully that'll at least help ease my hang over. Fortunately, I'm not puking.

I'm still reeling over last night's happenings, but I'm trying to stay calm. It was surreal, in a way. Sasuke is all kinds of fucked – I can hardly keep up. I ought to make a list to remind myself. Then I won't keep making mistakes. If Sasuke's fucking fan club knew about the night I had with him, they'd be livid. It's weird to even think about it. It doesn't feel like it even happened. It was like a weird dream.

When I go back to my room, Sasuke is sitting up in my bed, looking mildly confused. When he spots me, I can tell the fragments piece together in his mind because he looks surprised. "Hey," I say to him, not swayed by his expression.

Gingerly, he gets out of my bed. "Why..." he stops himself, pausing and biting on his bottom lip. "What the fuck happened?"

"I think you know," I say, "but we don't have to talk about it." Yet, at least.

"Okay," he shrugs, relenting without another word.

"How's your head?" I ask.

"Hurts," he says simply.

"Let's go eat," I suggest. He's still elated and there's something airy about him. He seems lighter somehow. He doesn't seem angry at me or anything, either. My mom has a funny little smile on her face as we enter the kitchen. My dad looks like he's suppressing a snicker as well. "What is it?" I ask with a sigh.

"Oh, nothing," she says, shrugging. "You two just... seemed awfully close last night. We got home from our date night to see you two looking like you had a date night of your own."

Sasuke flushes, rubbing his temples and I tartly mutter, "Oh, right... that..." We were probably spooning or something. Ugh.

"We won't ask," Dad says, holding up his hands innocently. They're probably both assuming the worst and they're right.

"There's nothing to tell," I lie. There's no way in hell I want to tell my parents I slept with Sasuke, the one person I've never been able to get along with.

"If you say so!" Clearly, he's not convinced. He shares a look with Mom and they both laugh.

Me and Sasuke both get bowls of cereal, eating quietly. It's suddenly tense, thanks to my parents. They leave the room a little while later, leaving me and Sasuke alone with the silence.

"We should talk about it soon..." I suddenly say. I don't want things to be awkward.

"Yeah, I know," he murmurs. "Let's just get it over with."

"I don't really know what to say," I admit. "I don't know how it happened... or why..."

He shrugs. "Who cares? It happened. It just happened. The end. There isn't much else to it."

"Do you regret it much?" I ask.

He shrugs again, taking a spoonful of cereal and chewing slowly. "I do shit like that a lot," he says after swallowing. "You're not special. You were just convenient."

I frown at that. "Why do you do it?"

"Because I want to," he says. "I like it. Simple as that."

"Have you ever done it with someone who cared about you?" I ask.

"Have you?" he retorts.

"No..." I mumble.