Chapter 31

~Shigure~

"Midori...dry your tears. There's no need to cry...Father was only caught up in the moment. He doesn't hate us." I sat Midori on my bed, trying to calm her down.

Midori continued crying. "But...But..."

"Shhh..." I hugged her as I began to sing. "You are the ocean's gray waves...destined to seek life beyond the shore just out of reach...yet the waters ever change...flowing like time. The path is yours to climb..."

~Laslow~

"It's true...I saw it myself." I told Felicia and Flora.

"Oh dear..." Felicia's expression turned sad. "It reminds me of how he told me I was unfit to be a servant for the royal family. How could he lash out on poor Peri like that?"

"I know...even if it was life threatening, I've learned that she's really sensitive and usually Lord Xander calms her down."

"Where is she now?" Flora asked.

"I-I don't know." I responded worriedly. "We can check her room, though."

The ice sisters nodded and we were off to Peri's room. When we arrived, I opened the door to see Peri sitting depressingly.

"Peri?" Flora asked.

"..."

Felicia asked, "What's wrong?"

"...I want Lord Xander...I...miss him."

"But he's dead." I stated.

Peri pulled out a small blade, "I know."

"DON'T YOU DARE!" I went in to grab the blade away from with Felicia and Flora assisting me.

"WHY SHOULDN'T I?!" Peri yelped.

"I don't want another person who's dear to me disappear from my life again. Please Peri, what will it take to make you not take your life?" I asked

"Let's all run away from here." She said.

~Chapter done by HumbleTomato~