Chapter 14

~Shiro~

I snuck back out to the Black Market to see if I can spot Kiragi being bid on. Uncle Corrin accompanied me along with King Leo. It was quite uncomfortable seeing all the blindfolded people about to be sold as dolls. It truly disgusted me. A man selling another person for their own benefit.

"I see him." Corrin said in a harsh whispered as he pointed to Kiragi standing on the stage. Blindfolded and his hands tied together in the back. He had a very frightened expression across his lips. I could hear him faintly whimper.

"Shut up, boy!" The man flicked him hard with a whip.

"Ow!" He fell to the ground.

"Keep that precious mouth of yours shut and be a good little boy like the parents who raised you."

"Midori. . .," I heard Kiragi whisper.

"What was that?!" The man snapped.

"N-nothing!"

"Good."

The bidders of the Black Market gathered up in the room. Mingling and whispers filled the room knowing that it was a person of the royal Hoshidan family.

"Yes, this is the son of Prince Takumi of the Hoshidan family. Lets start the bidding at a mere. . .$10,000?" The man said.

~Midori~

"Please Shigure! I'm worried about him!" I begged.

"No! It's too dangerous! Besides, Father would not like that!" Shigure said.

"I don't care! Kiragi needs help!"

"Midori! Are you crazy?! You're too weak to go in alone!" Shigure raised his voice.

"S-Shigure. . .I'm too weak?" Tears started to fill my eyes. "Then what father said is a lie? Our real father told me that I'm such a strong young lady."

"No! That's not what I mean!"

"No, I get it. And I'll prove you wrong." I ran off and grabbed my weapons to take to the Black Market.

Shigure sighed deeply and ran after me.

~Chapter done by HumbleTomato~