sneak peek + update | sorry

| this will be deleted once chapter 16 is released |

okay um i have a lot of explaining to do with updates but i'm in a hurry at the moment

currently, i'm editing this entire book because of its present tense

you might not understand but i've realised that past tense is the one that makes most sense so that's what i'm doing

i'm editing some dialogue and minor edits will be made to previous chapters

i'm truly sorry for this

also a lot of things have changed

you would have noticed the gifs, a new title, a new cover, a new username for me, almost everything.

i'm also releasing a character introduction, for most of the characters, including pictures and all that jazz.

and because i feel really bad for like not posting in what? two months? i'll add a sneak peek on the next chapter.

there's a lot of twists and drama about to happen in this book ;)

- shana

p.s. the next chapter will be out REALLY soon

- - -

● beginning of the chapter 

Aphmau

"C'mon Aph," Nicole said, "I've called 911, they're sending an ambulance." I nodded in agreement, slinging my bag over my shoulder.

Just as we were about to walk off to the gates I spotted a mint green bag on the ground... It's Ivy's bag. She left it here. By mistake? Or... was it on purpose...

"Hey Nicole," I mused, nudging my elbow at her and pointing to Ivy's handbag on the ground.

She flashed me an evil look, "take it."

I shrugged, "no regrets," I whispered to no one in particular and picked it up. I slid it under my arm and walked over to Nicole continuing to walk to the campus gates.

After a minute or two we reached the gates and I spotted the ambulance. That was fast. The paramedics climbed out of the back and pulled out the stretcher and two proceeded to run towards us.

I bit my lip thinking of Katelyn's state.

Nicole guided the men with the stretcher back to where Katelyn got injured and moments later they returned.

Panting, Travis jogged up to me, "Do we have to tell the teacher?"

"No, she'll just complicate things," I replied, turning to see Katelyn on the stretcher being moved into the back of the ambulance.

What if something permanent happened? She could be scarred for the rest of her life.

No, stop thinking about this.

I swear, I'll kill Ivy for this.

I changed the subject.

"Only one of us can go with her, are you going to go with Katelyn?" I say, walking past him and up to the ambulance. He follows close behind.

"I dunno,"

I stop and turn on my heels, "Travis?"

"Yeah, yeah I will,"...