"So, I have something I need to tell you, and you're not gonna like it," Elena stated as she taped the sign.

"What happened?" Bonnie questioned.

"Jeremy is gonna be leaving town for a while. He'll be staying with some old family friends in Denver, until this whole Klaus thing blows over," Elena explained.

"Jeremy wouldn't just leave you to deal with Klaus on your own," Bonnie stated.

"I know.... I asked Damon to compel him," Elena revealed.

"You what?" Bonnie questioned, disapproving.

"I know, Bonnie. But it's not safe for him here anymore. Leaving will give him a better life. The only reason I'm telling you is because I know that you two haven't really worked out your stuff. And I thought that maybe you'd wanna say goodbye," Elena explained.

Eira thought that compelling Jeremy was a step too far. But she understood where Elena was coming from. Elena wanted to protect Jeremy like Eira would try to protect her brothers.

______________

Stefan went to see Klaus to get him to stay away from Eira and to send his hybrids away. Stefan was leaning against the edge of one of the walls that was still being renovated.

Klaus sensed him,"I'm surprised you're still in town. I gave you your freedom, you could have gone anywhere."

"I live here, Klaus," Stefan replied.

"Well, if we're playing this game, then...I was here first," Klaus responded.

"You know, I don't like you being around Eira," Stefan started. "And your hybrid friends, I want them gone."

"Yeah, well I kind of like having them around. As for your sister, I think you'll find it troubling to get her to stay away from me," Klaus started. "You know, I'm hurt. I hoped that when I freed you, we'd pick up where we left off. But here you are, guzzling vervain like the rest of them, I'm sure. So much for friendship."

"Friends don't strip friends of their free will," Stefan responded.

"Okay, granted, yeah, that was a little extreme, but I get a little moody. Just ask my siblings," Klaus admitted. "Speaking of whom, isn't it time you handed them over?"

"Klaus, stay away from my sister," Stefan demanded. "And get your hybrids out of Mystic Falls or I will remove them myself."

"Hmm. You see, if you continue to threaten me, I'm gonna be forced to retaliate. Kill people. And it will get messy again," Klaus explained.

"Do whatever you want, I don't really care. Or you know what? Maybe I do. Maybe I care so much, that I'll drop Elijah in the Arctic," Stefan threatened.

"Well, maybe I'll be willing to lose one brother if it meant killing yours," Klaus threatened back.

"Try me, let's find out," Stefan stated.

The hybrid, Mindy, walked in and asked,"Is everything okay?"

"Everything is fine, Mindy. Stefan was just leaving after failing to make his point," Klaus answered.