"Really?"

"Yeah," he nodded and smiled.

I smiled too and my heart swelled for the first time in a long time.

"I'm sorry for not calling you sooner. I'm sorry for everything." I said.

"Don't worry about it, okay? We're good."

I nodded and I went over to his side of the booth and hugged him tight. He hugged back, and it took all of my strength not to cry in front of everyone.

"Thank you. I love you," we both stiffened as I realized what I just said, my eyes widening. Then I quickly added, "you're my best friend."

"You're my best friend too."

***

"So, how'd it go?" Kitty wiggled her eyebrows at me once I stepped inside the building.

"Oh my God, it wasn't like that jeez." I rolled my eyes and I playfully pushed her back.

She laughed. "But seriously, is everything okay?"

I smiled. "Yeah, everything's good. He wasn't mad."

"That's great!" She hugged me and I laughed.

"But now I gotta call someone." I said, thinking of my childhood best friend.

When I got to my room, I changed into pjs immediately. I wanted to jump into bed and just pass out right there and then but I knew I had to call Katie first.

So I pressed her number on my phone and held it to my ear, waiting for her to pick up.

"Hello?"

"Hey Kate!" I said.

"Oh come on, Savvers. You just messed it up. You're supposed to say, 'it's me'." She said and I rolled my eyes.

"Okay, okay. Next time maybe."

She laughed. "What's up? I haven't heard from you in a while."

"I've had a tough week. Scratch that, I've had a tough month." I told her and then we spent hours talking about our problems. She spoke to me about that one professor who buries her with homework and I told her about what happened.

It was fun, talking on the phone with her. It was like old times in high school, after school we would go home and call each other right after seeing her. We were glue, we stuck together everywhere, but now it seemed like we separated and I had a tough time thinking about it. I missed her.

"We have to hang out sometime." She said.

"Totally. I'll text you when I'm free." I told her.

"Alright. Well, I gotta go and finish this twenty page essay on politics. Kill me. Anyway, I'll talk to you later. Byeeee."

I said bye and hung up, relieved that we spoke. I plugged in my phone and went to bed, catching up on sleep for training tomorrow.

***

"You're late."

I rushed up to Emma, grabbing my knees as I caught my breath.