Chapter 5

Slipping on some black sweatpants, a black tank top, and my black converse, I left my room and headed towards the training room.

Today was officially my first day of learning how to control my mutant powers. The others agreed to help - or try to, anyways - use and most importantly control my telekinesis.

I was nervous yet excited. I know, I never - and still don't want - wanted mutant powers. But, I have to admit, it's pretty exciting. During the battle three months ago, I always hated myself for not being able to do anything. All I did was punch, kick, and hack. But now, I have a chance to help.

I pushed open the training room doors and walked inside.

Thor was sitting on table, alone and playing with his hammer.

Bruce was standing in the corner, on his cell phone while Tony was talking to him.

Tony have him a look. "Are you even listening to me?"

Bruce looked up. "Uh, yeah, I am."

Tony raised an eyebrow. "Oh, really? Okay, then, what was I talking about?"

"Um . . . money?"

Tony looked at him for a moment before giving up and walking away.

Clint and Maria were laughing and acting all lovey dovey crap. They were cute, I admit, but they needed some space.

Natasha and Steve were sitting at a small table, an iPad in Steve's hands.

I walked over to them.

Natasha suddenly laughed. "No, Steve, you don't shake it, you have to swipe your finger up, like this." She grabbed his hand and moved it up across the screen, then let go.

But instead of paying attention, Steve sat staring at Natasha. She didn't notice for a moment but then caught him staring. He immediately looked away, a hint of red forming on his cheeks.

I cleared my throat. "So, what are you guys doing?"

They jumped back, just now noticing me standing there.

"Oh, I'm teaching Steve how to play Subway Surfer." Natasha exclaimed with a smile.

I laughed. "Are you any good?" I asked Steve.

He shrugged. "I'm learning."

Natasha and I chuckled.

"Hey Tera!" Tony called to me.

I turned to him. "What?"

"Why are you always wearing black?"

I shrugged. "I like it."

"You should try a different color next time." He suggested.

"And we should start training." Bruce walked up to us and looked at me. "You ready?"

I nodded and tied my hair up into a ponytail.

"Get a room!" Tony called out to Clint and Maria.

They blushed and walked up to us.

"Okay, so I did some-"

"Research." We all said in unison, cutting Bruce off.

Bruce rolled his eyes. "Savannah, what you have to do is focus. Close your eyes."

I closed my eyes.

"Focus on a happy place. Or a happy memory. Or somebody that makes you happy."

I thought long and hard, and for some reason, Thomas popped up in my head. My eyes shot open and I could feel my cheeks burning with embarrassment. The others looked confused and I realized they didn't know what I was thinking.