Chapter 9

The next morning, I got up early so I can pack. I was really serious about going to Professor X's school. I need to learn how to control my telekinesis before I hurt one of my friends.

I threw some T-shirts in my suitcase when there was a knock on my door. I panicked and pushed my suitcase under my bed. I walked to the door and opened it.

"Good morning, Nat." I greeted.

Natasha smiled at me and walked in my room. I rolled my eyes and shut the door. I need to finish packing.

"So what are you doing?" Nat asked me as she sat on my bed.

"Oh, nothing. I just woke up." I lied.

She nodded and looked at me, bored. "Hey, wanna do something today? Maybe go to the mall, or the park. Or the-"

"I can't." I interrupted. Natasha's face fell. "I'm going away for a few days."

"What?!" Natasha exclaimed. "Where are you going?"

"Um . . . I'm going to visit my parents." I lied again. "I haven't seen them in almost a year and I really miss them."

"You mean your adoptive parents." Natasha corrected.

I frowned. "Yeah, that's what I meant."

"Well," said Natasha, "you got to tell the others. They're not going to be happy."

"Yeah, still working on that part." I said, taking my suitcase from under the bed and continued to pack my stuff. I sighed. "Cap's gonna be pissed."

* * *

"So . . . yeah." I said nervously with a small smile.

I cringed at my friend's shocked - and angry, may I add - faces. I finally told them that I was leaving to "visit my parents". I counted the seconds until Steve started to give me a lecture.

"Savannah," said Steve finally.

7 seconds, I thought, wow, new record.

"Why the hell would you go on vacation now, when we need you here? We don't know when Megatak and Medusa are going to attack." Steve said.

"I wouldn't call it a vacation." I told him. "More like an extended day off of work."

Steve raised an eyebrow and I sighed. "Look, I haven't seen my parents in almost a year."

Clint shot a hard glance at me. "Well, I haven't seen my f-" Natasha gave Clint a look and he stopped short, then looked back at us and continued. "-girlfriend. I haven't seen my girlfriend in forever and you don't see me packing my purple suitcase and leaving."

I looked down at my suitcase and then back at Clint. "It's lavender-oh never mind! I'm leaving, end of discussion."

"Not end of discussion." Steve said through gritted teeth.

I crossed my arms. "You can't tell me what to do, Steve. You're not my father."

"Well, I'm the leader of this team and-"

"Ahem." coughed Tony. "This is my house, buddy. That means I'm the leader."

Steve glared at him. "Not the time for this, Stark."

"Savannah, you must not go. We need your assistance." Thor pleaded.

"I'm sorry, but you don't understand." I sighed. "I need to go. It's a major priority."

That part wasn't a lie.

"You cannot just leave!" Steve raised his voice. "What if Megatak and Medusa attack when you're gone? We need you here, Savannah. We need you on the team. You're an Avenger, you need to know the rules here. We save them-" Steve pointed outside where everyday tourists and people were walking and talking and laughing, "-including your parents."