"I haven't said I'm going", he said shaking his head.

"Of course you are going. I mean, we are talking John Hopkins, in the United States. What could possibly keep you here?"Fabiola said.

"I haven't made a decision".

"Pssh, we both know you want to go. This place is dead. You want to die with it?"Fabiola said with hands on hips.

"I..." Patrick said and Fabiola cut in, focusing her attention on Charlie.

"So where are you going? To the community college?"

Charlie forced himself to believe Fabiola's question was not said in a condescending way.

"Yeah. Architecture", he said proudly.

"Good for you", Fabiola said. Charlie knew deep down she was rolling her eyes. It didn't show then, but at some point later that year, Charlie was certain it happened. "Anyway, I came to borrow a black marker"

"Top drawer", Patrick said.

Fabiola got the marker and left the room.

Patrick sat on the bed but refrained from touching Charlie just yet. "You wanted to say something before we were rudely interrupted?"

"Uh yeah...and weirdly you brought it up yourself. I wanted to know if you've made a decision. But seems you haven't yet", Charlie said. He tried not to sound disappointed but felt a little bit of his disappointment had crept into his words.

It was torture not knowing his future with Patrick. It was torture not knowing if Patrick was going to up and leave. He'd be miles away; a plane ticket he couldn't afford even if Charlie worked his ass off. The US wasn't Sydney. Would they survive the distance?

If Patrick didn't go to the US he'd be in Sydney. Sydney was still miles away, but it was closer. Patrick's father would never allow Patrick to attend the community college. His son was better than that.

"I'm staying", Patrick said.

Charlie's world froze for a few seconds. He could hear his own heartbeat in his ears. He couldn't be sure if Patrick had said those words.

"You..."Charlie said and was unable to continue.

"I don't see the point of going overseas. I can get a good education right here", Patrick said.

Charlie smiled and stole a moment to place a short sweet kiss on Patrick's lips. He wanted to do more than that, but knew it was risky. He hoped with that kiss Patrick knew he was happy about his decision.

"Want to play a game?" Patrick asked getting off the bed.

"Yeah, I want to kick your ass", Charlie said with a grin.

Patrick turned to him. "Sure you don't mean kiss?"

Charlie blushed and threw a pillow at Patrick who easily caught it and threw it back.