Chapter 5: Willow- Frenemies?

Start from the beginning

“Why not?” My throat tightens up at her question. Seriously? What is with her and her brother?”

Screw it; she is not letting it go. “I honestly don’t know.” I have always felt the fear of hurting people for being close to me. It frightened me to death. “I don’t want people to get hurt.”

She smiles faintly. “My brother always told me I care too much…” She mutters.

I can't help the small smile that reaches my lips. “Yeah,” For some reason Jared felt so familiar to me. “I Ran into him yesterday.” Well more like he ran into me…

I never want anyone hurt, that’ why when I saw jerk face-“I snort at her creative name for Jake.

“Hey!” He protests and I just roll my eyes.

“Hey you’re the one who’s being a jerk to her,” she says to him as she shrugs it off. “Anyways when I saw him hurt you…” I felt this urge to protect you.” Another Jonathan. “To keep you safe.”

My mood goes from red to blue and I missed my reptile loving friend. “I know,” Where was that jerk anyways? “I put Jonathan through it every day.” He has some serious explaining to do and he owes me ice creams! He-he, he doesn’t, but I’m craving it.

“Please willow,” This brings me back to reality. “I just want to be friends,” She pleads. “Can we start over?” Well, making Jonathan buy ice cream for two people would be more effective (not really) to my payback…

The moment I made up my mind a thought yes, something happened. I didn’t necessarily faint, but I blanked out in a way and glimpses of what suppose are dreams leaked in.

The first was of a room, one side full of shadow like things, and the other had what appeared to be bright white flames with a soft gray center. In the middle of the room stood two toddlers giving their backs to one another. One had bright red hair and the other brownish-blondish hair.

Before I could even focus on their faces, the dream changes ad his time the two girls were young teens and they were hugging in the middle of a bright green forest, that appeared to be growing… and healing? What kind of whack dreams am I getting?

My eyes suddenly fly open revealing a chest… I blink a few times before I decide I really wasn’t seeing things and someone really was hovering over me. Slightly turn in Constance’s direction and found Jake slightly shaking her. I roll my eye and put my arm to his chest shoving him away from me.

“What the hell!?” he shouts glaring at me. “Can’t you see I was doing something?”

“Being creepy doesn’t count for something it, it's already who you are,” I snap back as I try to process what just happened.

“I am not creepy!” He shouts not really liking my little comment.

“Yes, you are. How long have I been out?” I ask.

He glares daggers at me before responding. “You weren’t ‘out’ you were more like spaced out for about five minutes.”

“Being ‘spaced out’ is being out you idiot!” I say with a roll of my eyes.

“I am not and idiot! And will you move out of the way? I need to see how Constance is.”

“We have been out for five minutes and you didn’t think to call for help?” I question, ignoring his last statement.

“I panicked!” He shouts roughly trying to shove me aside.

I shove him back angrily, “What the hell!?”