Chapter 6 - Two Months

Chapter 6 – Two Months

***The Next Day***

Ok so you have two months to just live your life normally before we bring you into the hospital to start the treatment. You will be better informed about the treatment at a later date. Until you come into hospital we will bring you in for weekly check-ups just to be safe. I’m so sorry.

The conversation that I had just had with my doctor over the phone is permanently etched into my mind. Two months left. Two months of going to school left. Two months of family dinners left. Two months of pretending to have a normal life left, starting from yesterday.

How will I tell Alex? I can’t exactly just ring her up and tell her that her best friend’s got cancer! How will I tell my brothers and sisters? I’ve known some of them for as little as a year and now I have to leave them. I have to leave my mother alone to cope with six kids. Why do I have to do this to everyone?

Niall’s POV

***The Day Before (when he found out that Kim had cancer)***

The phone slipped from my hand and bounced against the floor. I felt the eyes staring at me before I saw them. I slowly pivoted on one foot to face the boys. All four of the other members of my band were staring straight at me. “Niall mate. Are you ok? You’re as pale as a ghost,” one of them spoke up. I don’t know which one, maybe Liam? I couldn’t concentrate. I wasn’t thinking straight. The force of the impact hit me like a truck crashing into a solid concrete wall. My girlfriend has cancer. I need to be there for her.

I scramble around on the ground desperately trying to find my precious phone, the only connection I currently have to Kim. I almost scream with relief as my hand wraps around the silver rectangular object. “Kim! Kim! Are you still there?” I cry desperately, unable to control the tears that are streaming down my cheeks. I feel a hand on my shoulder. They’re obviously trying to comfort me but I just shove it off. I hear a faint hiccup from the other end of the line. “Kim I want to be with you. I’m going to help you get through this. You are so much more important to me than this tour. I’ll be there with you in a few days. I love you so so much,” I sob out. I couldn’t help it. As soon as I hit the end button on my phone I collapsed down into a crying mess. I immediately I felt a pair of strong arms lift me up off the ground and on to the couch behind me. Straight afterwards another three pairs of arms wrap around me and I end up surrounded in a cocoon of warmth. “I have to go. I have to be with her,” I cry out to no one in particular. “Sorry mate,” I think it was Zayn who replied. “You need to calm down and tell us what’s going on first,” he finished. It takes a few minutes but somehow they managed to calm me down to a level where they could understand what I was saying. A fresh wave of tears exploded out as soon as I finished explaining the situation to them. “Niall we aren’t letting you go alone. We’re coming with you and you have no say in the matter,” Harry stated strongly. All I could do was weakly nod at his statement. He is right though. I wouldn’t be able to handle it by myself. I need the boys there for me just like I need to be there for Kim.

The smell of fresh air immediately hits me once I leave the familiar airport. I slowly inhale the relaxing scent before following my band mates towards the taxi we booked to take us to the hotel. We all agreed that we should at least go and settle into our hotel for a few minutes before we go off to see Kim. I can’t help but stare blankly out the taxi window as we drive through the streets in the taxi. I can hear the muffled whispers of conversations the boys are holding around me but I don’t bother to listen. I just sit alone with only my morbid thoughts as company.

Ok this is it. I prepare myself for whatever appears on the other side of the door as I slowly recoil my hand from the doorbell. Faint shuffling sounds can be heard from inside the building. My breath starts to increase as I hear soft footsteps approaching the door. A reassuring hand lands gently on my shoulder but I can’t calm down. I watch intently as the door handle starts to slowly rotate. It feels like everything is moving in slow motion as the door finally starts to creeps open. My breath catches as my eyes lock with her beautiful brown ones. I stand still, frozen in place as a silent tear escapes down her cheek. I take two rushed steps forward and wrap my arms around her tightly. She immediately buries her face in my neck and I instinctively stroke her hair. “I don’t want to ever let you go,” I whisper in her ear so that only us two can hear.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N - SURPRISE LATE CHRISTMAS UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am so so so so so sorry that the story has been on hold for so long!

So how was Christmas for you guys? It was pretty good for me even though I haven't seen  most of my friends for ages!

Oh yeah, I got a job as well! I finally have money! But I'm saving it up so I can go to the US for a school trip next year.

Sorry that the update wasn't that long but hopefully they will start getting a bit longer.

Vote, Comment, Fan, Crash a toy helicopter (may or may not be guilty of this...)

Ashleigh xx