Chapter 4 - I Promised But He Lied

Chapter 4 – I Promised But He Lied

***One Week Later***

It’s been a week. He hasn’t even called me yet. I probably don’t even exist to him anymore. My family are worried about me, I can tell. I’m not letting them in though. They don’t know what it’s like to have their heart ripped out and destroyed by the person they love. I wish I didn’t know either. At least my life can’t get any worse than this. All this depression isn’t good for me, I know that much. I just need to get over him. Easier said than done.

***The Next Day***

“Honey wake up. It’s time to go to school.” My mum states as she peeks her head in through my doorway. “Do I have to?” I ask, terrified of the answer that I knew was coming. “Yes sweetie.” She replies, instantly crushing any fantasies of staying at home. “You’ve been off school for a whole week darling. You can’t keep hiding for the rest of your life.” She finishes. “I can try.” I conclude before pulling my duvet completely over my head. Merely seconds later my cocoon of warmth was disrupted by a cool blast of air as my duvet was tugged out of my grip. “Sorry sweetie but unfortunately for you there is no option here.” I slowly stood up fighting the urge to grab the duvet off her and go back to sleep. Sadly she’s right. Lying in bed crying is not going to help me here. I glance around but mum has disappeared, probably off getting the other kids ready for school.

I slowly trudge over to my bathroom. As soon as I’m through the doorway I catch sight of my reflection in the mirror. My skin is all pale, my hair is messed up, my lips are all dry and chapped and my puffy red eyes make it obvious that I’ve been crying. Honestly, I was expecting worse but I’m not exactly pleasant to see at the moment. I don’t even wait for the shower to warm up I just jump in, the freezing waterfall immediately waking me up and bringing me to my senses.

Twenty minutes later my hair is knot free, my teeth have been brushed and I’m wrapped in a towel trying to decide what to wear. I figured that I might as well go back with dignity. As I scan through my wardrobe my eyes immediately land on my black skinny jeans. Ok I definitely can’t go wrong with those I think to myself as I do that weird jumpy around dance trying to get them on. Next I spot my favourite green checkered top. It doesn’t sound that amazing but believe me it actually looks really good. After I pull my top on I grab my thick leather belt and secure it around my waist. Finally to complete my look I grab my black high heel ankle boots and try to balance on one foot as I attempt to put them on. By attempt I mean I fell on my butt five seconds after trying to put on my second shoe. Balancing on one foot with no shoes on is easy but adding high heels to the equation doesn’t exactly help.

Once I’m back on my feet I trace my previous steps back out to my bathroom where I lay out my towel on the floor so I don’t slip over. Next I grab my hair brush and a couple of hair ties before pulling my hair up into a high ponytail, then grab some bobby pins and secure all the loose strands of hair into place. Finally I pull open the bottom drawer next to my basin. I promised myself I would never do this again. He was probably lying about everything else as well. I’m going to wear makeup.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N - So so so so so sorry about the huge wait for the chapter (not that anyone reads this story anyway)! I did actually try to upload this chapter a week ago but WattPad wouldn't let me!

So anyway Vote, Comment, Fan, Kiss a One Direction poster (may or may not have done this before...)

Peace out!

Ashleigh xx