Chapter 3 - The Moment I Knew

It’s currently eight PM and me, my family and Alex have just arrived back to my house after and amazing birthday dinner at Nando’s and my brothers and sister have already turned on the TV. I swear this family would not survive without electricity. The TV was already on at a random gossip  channel so my mum grabs the remote off them and sits down on the armchair while the rest of my family take up various spots on the floor. Me and Alex have nothing else to do so after a quick sideways glance we both sit down on opposite ends of the couch. Neither of us were actually paying attention until something the presenter said caught our attention. “One Direction’s Niall Horan was spotted leaving a night club in London snogging with a random girl. And here was I thinking he had a girlfriend.” The presenter let out a fake sounding laugh. I was just about to pass it off as a rumor thought up to attract attention when I saw the video. Even a directionater could tell it was him. I can feel the tears welling up in my eyes. Before he left he promised that he would call me on my birthday if he wasn’t here to celebrate it with me. He can’t have forgotten about me could he? He can’t forget! He’s not that type of person. He’s sweet and caring and he should have been here… My mum clears her throat from the other side of the room. Everything feels like it’s moving in slow motion as I meekly turn around to face my family and best friend. The first pair of arms wraps around me not even a second after the first tear escapes down my cheek. That first pair of arms turns to many as that one stray tear turns into hysterical sobs. I completely fall apart in the presence of my family. “He should have been here.” I cry out after a few minutes of silence only interrupted by my broken sobs.

***The Next Day***

My fingers glance across the keyboard as I type in my password for my laptop. The familiar welcome tune fills my ears as the desktop comes into view. A few quick clicks later and the Google homepage is staring me down. Without thinking I subconsciously type something into the search bar. Niall Horan Mystery Girl. Almost immediately thousands of links turn up, most of them probably originating from gossip sites. I click on the one at the very top and start reading the short article. How could this be happening? The gossip sites can remember my birthday but he can’t? Am I that unimportant to him? I swiftly slam down the screen of my laptop. It’s all too painful to read. I can feel myself breaking down. My eyes are blurry from the tears that threaten to spill at any second. There’s only one thing that I feel like doing at the moment. I slowly crawl over to my bed and wrap the duvet around me tight, and cry.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N - Sorry it's short!!!!!

Yeah any way I made a cover! Yay! It's not that good so feel free to message me your versions of how it should look!

Vote, Comment, Fan, Eat popcorn with a cat (I'm doing it right now...)

Ashleigh xx