twelve

natsu
it took me about 30 seconds,

40

50

1 minute

to realize what i actually just did. mavis, what the hell was i thinking?! her lips just looked so inviting.. my face flushed a light pink at the thought. i hope gray didn't see it or else he's never going to let me live that down. wait.. come to think of it, DID ANYONE SEE IT?! shit, shit, shit, i'm so screwed. i groaned and slowly walked back to the campfire, keeping my head down and staring at my feet the entire time.

i sat down on a random log to try and collect my thoughts and guess who i find beside me, none other than lucy heartfilia herself. she stared right at me, a light pink dusting her cheeks. "can't stop looking at this hot stuff can ya, luce?" i teased. she jerked her head away and crossed her arms, a pout on her lips. i heard someone coo at us from afar, most likely levy. juvia was clinging onto gray with sad eyes saying something like, "juvia wants a kiss from gray-sama!"

"stop staring!" lucy frowned, feeling the gazes directed at us. they looked away and gray walked over, slapping me on the back. "congrats bro, you've evolved from a "really dense idiot" into a "slightly dense idiot." keep it up." i growled at him, standing up. "says the one who can't realize his feelings for juvia." "shut up." "make me, ice freak." "don't call me that." "so what if i do?"

"BE QUIET YOU TWO!" erza yelled. gray and i jumped away from each other. "a- aye sir!" "stupid, she's not a guy!" gray hissed. lucy sighed and stood up. "i feel tired, i'm going to go turn in." and with that, she walked towards the girl's cabin. an awkward silence fell upon us before juvia squealed, "gray-sama has feelings for juvia?!"

third person

lucy walked into her room and collapsed on top of her bed. she didn't bother to change and burried her face into the light blue pillow.

we haven't even been here for that long but a lot of things has already happened.. most of it was good but still.. i can't believe natsu kissed me.. sure, i've imagined it happening but i never expected him to actually do it.

lucy turned around and stared up at the ceiling, allowing sleep to overcome here.

lucy sat on a couch with natsu, his arm around her shoulders. he laughed as they watched two young children run around. there was a boy with blonde hair like lucy's, and a girl with pink hair like natsu's bunched up into pigtails. "mama! mama!" the boy cried, running towards lucy. "nash's being mean to me again!" he looked to be about 3 with two front teeth missing. "it's nashi, iggy, not nash!" the girl pouted, clinging onto natsu.

"calm down you two!" he demanded. "nashi, you be nice to igneel, you know he's sensitive." "okay daddy.." she muttered reluctantly.

Wow.. I never would have thought that Natsu would be this good with children, lucy subconsciously thought.

"luce, you okay? you haven't said anything this entire time," he looked at her, worried. "i- i'm fine." she replied. suddenly, there was a harsh knock on the door. "huh? who could it be this early on a sunday morning?" "i'll get it," natsu sighed, getting up. lucy hugged the kids and looked at the door. natsu opened it and there was a flash of bright light before he fell backwards.

"DADDY!" nashi yelled. igneel hid his face into lucy's chest as she stared with wide eyes. "kids, stay here," she ordered, getting up, her keys in hand. both nashi and igneel hid behind the couch, holding each other in tight embraces. lucy stood at the doorway and saw-

the dream ended there and lucy's eyes flew open. she was breathing heavily and tried to sit up but a force held her back. she looked to her side and saw natsu; it would be futile to try and resist.

what the hell was that dream about?

natsu opened an eye  and looked at lucy in concern. "hey, you okay?" "yeah, i'm fine." they lay together in silence when lucy decided to speak. "hey natsu?" he nodded, urging her to go on. she spoke quietly, careful not to wake up levy who was fast asleep. "why do you so this? y'know, sleep with me, flirt with me, and even that kiss?"

natsu sat up and stared down at lucy who propped herself up on her elbows.
"i.. i don't know.. i've  always felt a certain way around, i just never knew how to describe it." lucy cocked her head to the side and he continued, running a hand through his hair.

"i guess.. i've always liked you. but i've been too stupid to realize it."

lucy's eyes widened.

did he just confess to me?

natsu seemed to realize what he had done and became flustered, his cheeks turning pink. "shit! sorry, i got caught up in the moment. pretend i didn't say anything, alright? i don't want to make things awkward. i'll get going. have a good night!" and with that, he snuck out the window and back to his cabin.

this has been one hell of a night..