35. And I'm Offering All Of Me.

A/N: I had a hard time with this chapter. I was overthinking it A LOT. But I put on my big girl pants and decided to just write it! So yes their might be mistakes and no it won't be perfect but I like it and might have really teared up towards the end! 
ENJOY <3

 So twinkle lightly
please twinkle lighty
Wont you twinkle lighty  

"When? How?" Adelina stuttered.

"Soon. We have to be very careful with our plan on this. We can't just go in without a plan of attack as well as getting some sort of advantage over them. I'm looking over blueprints and finding a weakness. Folke Is going to be working on the best assault. We will probably be using explosives of some sorts, but we need to be careful where we hit. Last time wasn't the smartest on their part. We were unscathed but it was very close for comfort. Just give me some time okay? I'm not asking for a lot of time, but I want to be careful."

"Thank you for everything you've done, Aaron. You and Madeline have taken me in and now this. I don't think I can ever thank you enough."

"You don't have to thank you me for this. Even though our circumstances of the meeting were a little odd, you know meeting in a dungeon and all." Aaron laughed. "But I saw the good in you, well more like heard. I've come to think of you as a little sister and I know Madeline adores you too. "Aaron runs his hand through Adelina's hair, giving it a ruffle. "You deserve to be happy."

"I don't know what to say Aaron." She smiled. "You and Madeline have become a family to me as well, truly."

"You don't have to say any more than that. Just keep training with Folke and I'll keep you in the loop on the plan. I want you to be ready for this, though. So work hard okay?"

Adelina nodded, "let me know if you need any help okay? With any of the planning or anything."

They both stood there for a moment letting the peaceful moment sink in, the happiness they shared.

"Enough of this mushy stuff. "Aaron laughed. "Madeline can use some help. We have some of the fighters coming tonight for dinner. I wanted you to meet some of the people you'll be fighting alongside. Folke will be there as well. "Aaron winked and let a sly smile cross his face. "I'm sure he will be happy to see you."

"Very funny," Adelina said as she made her way into the kitchen.

Madeline stood on a small ladder grabbing at a few places in the very back of the cabinet.

"Looks like you've got this handled on your own." Adelina chuckled.

"Other than the fact that I've almost fallen and shattered all of this glass, yeah I've got it. Here let me hand you a few things. "

"Of course. So how many people are showing up to this dinner tonight?"

"Not a lot but some of our best fighters and planners. It won't be as bad as when we invite the entire village to eat with us on special occasions. If you're here in the summer, we do a lovely bonfire outside."

"That sounds like a lot of fun!"

"Yeah, it is a good time with a lot of good people."

Adelina sat on the front porch biting her lip while staring out into the dark forest. Her mind spinning with thoughts on the upcoming fight. She had spent the last few hours speaking to all of Aaron's best warriors on how this was all about to go down. Aaron had gone into every little detail on what to expect and backup plans just in case. The plan felt solid, but Adelina still felt a tiny nag at the back of her mind.

"What is on your mind?" Folke said breaking her out of her thoughts.

"A lot." She answered as she sighed, dragging her hands through her hair. "Mainly thinking about my family. Wondering if they are scared or even hurt. I guess I just wonder how they are being treated. I know Aaron says they'll keep them alive but there is no guarantee what kind of shape they'll be kept in. They could be torturing them right now as I sit comfortably, untouched on this porch. And who knows if the vampires will keep them alive. My mom and dad are very strong and they will fight them tooth and nail. Falentine doesn't like when anyone contradicts his ways. I can't lose them Folke. I can't lose anybody else I love. I can't have this shadow of death following me everywhere.

Folke's lips stayed in a tight line as he grabbed Adelina's hand giving it a reassuring and tight squeeze. The warmth sent a shiver up through her body.

"We are going to save them, Adelina. You heard Aarons plan tonight."

"Yes and apparently he really likes explosives." Adelina let out an awkward laugh, releasing some of the tension in the air.

"He sure does. "A smile lit up Folke's sparkling eyes. "And I definitely learned from the best."

"I never did thank you for saving me, back that day at the castle."

Folke leaned closer grasping her hand again and lifting it up to his mouth. His warm lips touched her knuckles tenderly.

"You don't ever have to thank me for saving you Adelina."

A blush swept across Adelina's face. Her heart sped up as his lips met her hands again.

"These past few weeks, Adelina, have been some of the best of my life."

"Can I show you something, Folke?" Adelina leaped up, not dropping his hand that was tightly in hers. "Follow me." She grabbed as began to lead him deep into the woods.

Adelina dropped his hand as she found the perfect spot. She let the light pour out of her soul and onto her body. Folke's mouth dropped as he watched her glow.

"I haven't showed anyone this." She said as she began to move the light all around her body. The light danced all across her and out onto the forest floor. "I've been practicing. "
Folke reached out before thinking better of it and pulling his hand back.

"You can touch it. It won't hurt unless I let it." Adelina said.

"It's beautiful. You're beautiful." Folke rushed close to her grasping her in his arms. "Adelina...Since the moment I saw you in the forest, your hair whipping around you I knew I loved you. These weeks we've spent together have been some of the best in my life. You make my heart beat like I never thought it would. You make me soar onto the sun and into the clouds." He pulled her into him. The heat of his body pressed against her made her heart beat out of control.

"Folke...I love you too. I didn't want to admit it. I didn't want to be hurt again. But I do. I really do." A laugh escaped her. "It feels good to admit the truth. I feel like you've saved me, Folke. When I came here I was in a really dark place. I had almost given up. You saved me. You saved my heart, my soul, you saved me!" Adelina said pressing her head into Folke's chest.

"I won't hurt you, Adelina." Folke pulled her back so that their eyes met. "I would never hurt you." Folke pressed his warm lips passionately to her soft lips. Folke pulled away as he kissed her cheek and moved his way down to her neck.

"I've never done..." Adelina whispered into his ears as he kissed gently on her neck.

"Shhh..It's just us at this moment Adelina. I love you" He said as he grasped her small waist, guiding her down onto the soft grass.

 And at that moment, there was no war, there were no vampires, there was just love. The rest of the world just vanished. It was Adelina and Folke and the sounds of the forest where they shared their passion. 

The moment that would forever be etched on their souls.