25.You'll Be Coming Clean Tonight

Big thank you to geometrically for editing

Big thank you to geometrically for editing. Thanks a bunch!

Please remember to vote/comment, press the lovely little star <3 <3

After a few twists and turns, as always, they came upon an enormous door that was a deep red. As they walked closer, Adelina could see the intricate markings and pictures. They were nothing like she had ever seen before.

"Do those markings mean something special?" She leaned into Asmund and asked.

"They are the symbols of our kind. The images tell a story of how our people rose out of the darkness. It is a long story, but I'd love to tell you someday if you want?" Asmund beamed down at her. Adelina nodded her head as guards opened the doors.

The room was large with carvings and sculptures scattered about. Adelina let her eyes gaze upwards and noticed large glass lights dangling all throughout the room. The floors were a deep cherry color that gleamed under the lighting. As she began to survey the space around her, her mouth hung open in shock.

A few feet in front of her stood her mother, father, and sisters, minus Tessa. They were all dressed nicely and cleaned up from the last time she saw them.

"They let my family attend this too?"

"Since it was Falentine's engagement party, he wanted the family of his betrothed to attend as well. Of course, because of that, there are more guards attending the party than usual. Everyone will be under careful watch."

"Oh.... Can I go over and talk to them? Is that okay?"

"Yes. I'm going to stay back here and wait for my brothers to arrive; if you need anything, let me know?"

Adelina nodded, turned and bounced over to where her parents and sisters stood. As soon as her family noticed her, they jogged to meet her as they all grasped each other.

"I'm so happy to see all of you," Adelina cried as she pulled away to stare at them. "Are you all okay? They haven't hurt you, have they?"

"We are fine, Adelina. Wow, you look beautiful!" Molly exclaimed.

"Thanks, I've never quite worn or even seen anything quite like this before."

"You really do Adelina. We were worried about you. And Tessa. Have you seen her?" Irene asked and Adelina looked at her parents in shock.

"You guys don't know yet?" Adelina accused.

"What do you mean?" Irene walked forward, grasping onto Adelina's arm. "What exactly is going on?"

" Tessa...she has...Changed? This party that we are all so dressed up for is for her and Falentine. He is awful and she is engaged to the monster. She is engaged to one of these monsters." Adelina began to let the words flow out of her. "I don't know. I really don't know what has happened to her. She slept with Daniel." A gasp escaped out of everyone's lips.