34. We're All Broken People.

A/N Writers block has completely destroyed me lately! ACK!! So I apologize but I do want to say we are getting there

A/N Writers block has completely destroyed me lately! ACK!! So I apologize but I do want to say we are getting there. Just a few more chapters until the end :D 

Please vote and comment :D I'd love to hear what you think.

Weeks of training had gone by and Adelina was improving. Her strikes getting stronger and her kicks were much more accurate. She worked hard to learn and came home sore every single night, proof she was doing exactly what she needed. She was determined to be read to fight when the time came and no longer be helpless.

Her feelings for Folke hadn't faded but she pushed them back by focusing all her energy on training. They both talked, but neither were to keen to open up to the other. 

Each night after dinner, Adelina crawled out into the woods and practiced calling upon the mysterious gift. The first few times nothing had happened, but soon she felt the light move within her and spark out of her hands. Every time she practiced the light moved more freely. She hadn't showed anybody what she had taught herself, wanting to keep it to herself for the time being.

Tonight was the same, as it had been. She crawled deep into the darkness, covered by the large trees that surrounded her. She sat herself by a large trunk and began to dig deep within herself, finding that pure energy and light. The light traveled up her arm and out onto her hands, dancing around in the dark. Adelina's eyes lit up as she watched the light dance around her wrist and travel up her arm. The light snaked itself around her body leaving a trail of warmth surrounding her. Adelina sat there letting the light travel through her body, letting it freely move without her control. She smiled at the peace it brought her, a peace she hadn't felt in a while.

After a few more practice tries, she picked herself up and made her way back into the house. She let her sore body collapse onto the bed and fell into a quiet slumber. The next morning when she awoke, her body ached but she pushed herself up and out of bed. She pulled on some clothes and made her the stairs.

"Folke is already outside, bright and early it seems." Aaron commented as she entered the kitchen.

"He seems to never get tired or sore for that matter." Adelina grumbled while grabbing a muffin and stuffed the food into her mouth quickly.

"He learned from the best." Aaron said as a cocky smirk spread across his face. "Don't let him work you too hard today." Aaron yelled as Adelina made her way out the door.

Folke was leaning on a large tree starring up into the sky. "You ready?" He said not letting his eyes drop from the sky.

"As ready as I can be." Adelina said. She stood there a moment inhaling the smell around her. Spring was in the air and all around her things began to bloom, letting their fragrance into the air.