Chapter 16 - My Mother

Start from the beginning

Vader ranged out with the Force. "He's fine. He's just gone exploring." He cut off a chuckle. "Lieutenant, you will find the boy down by the lake shore in a tree. Return him to his quarters. Then join me on the Executor."

"Yes, Lord Vader." The lieutenant nodded.

As Piett turned to leave, Vader sighed. The Sith Lord lifted his arm and waved it slowly. "And take a towel. Young Darklighter seems to have fallen in the lake."

Quemé hitched up her skirts and started to run, but Vader's strong hand on her arm prevented her. "He's fine. Let Piett bring him in. Have him cleaned up and ready to leave by this afternoon. And, Lady Quemé, find something more suitable for the boy to wear."

She curtsied. "Yes, my lord."

When Lieutenant Piett and Biggs arrived at the suite, the boy shivered so hard that his blue lips waggled

Quemé quickly patted him down with a towel, looking down the corridor at the stream of water he had dripped during his passage. "Thank you, Lieutenant. I will take care of him now. Sorry about the mess."

"That is the least of my worries, Lady Quemé." The lieutenant exited, leaving the boy to the governess's care.

She shut the door and pointed her finger at the boy. "Biggs, don't you ever do anything like that again. You could have drowned." She clutched him to her chest. "You scared me. I thought I would lose you."

She started stripping the wet tunic from the little boy.

Biggs shrugged her off. "I can undress myself. I'm not a little kid."

"Well, I've drawn the bath. Go get into the tub," she said as she pulled a robe out of the wardrobe. "Put this on when you come out."

Biggs held it up, sizes too big for him, and laughed.

"Go on now, and do as I say."

"Yes, Quemé."  He entered the refresher room.  "Hey, where were you this morning?"

But he was speaking to an empty room. Quemé had left.

 Quemé had left