Happy Birthday!

“Help! It's an emergency!"

At 2:00 in the morning, in the heart of Bergen Town, many Trolls woke up to a Troll's desperate cries for help. Two Trolls, Satin and Chenille, recognized the voice. It was their friend, Biggie!

“What do you think it could be?" Satin asked her sister.

“I don't know, but it must be important," she replied. “Let's go find out!"

The twin Trolls, along with Cooper, Smidge, Fuzzbert, DJ Suki, and Guy Diamond, climbed down the Troll Tree and found Biggie screaming in the middle of Bergen Town. The Trolls got to their friend and asked him what was wrong.

“It's Mr. Dinkles!" he replied, holding him. Mr. Dinkles was Biggie's pet worm, and he loved him dearly.

“Oh, no!" DJ Suki gasped. “Is he alright?"

“No!" he cried. “I forgot his birthday and now he's going to hate me for the rest of my life!"

The Trolls were in disbelief.

“Buddy, has it ever occurred to you that Mr. Dinkles is just a worm?" Cooper asked.

“Don't say that!" Biggie whimpered. “You hurt his feelings!"

Mr. Dinkles just mewed.

“We'll throw a party for him," Guy Diamond assured him. “Now can you please go back to sleep?"

Biggie sighed. “Alright. But we start planning tomorrow morning!"

“Oh my gah," Smidge said.

The following morning, the Trolls began planning for Mr. Dinkles' birthday party. Unfortunately, it was supposed to rain so they couldn't have an outdoor party.

“We can have loads of fun indoors," Cooper assured him. “Not as much fun, but still, loads."

“We could celebrate in a bigger house," Satin suggested.

Chenille gasped. “How about Poppy and Branch's?"

“You read my mind!"

Poppy and Branch were the Queen and King of the Trolls, and close friends with the gang. They lived in a pod slightly bigger than their pods. Mainly because they had a child to raise.

“Okay, so we have a time and place," Biggie said. “But do we have a theme?"

“Uh... happy birthday?" Cooper said, unsure.

“Perfect!"

“We could cover the place with glitter!" Guy Diamond suggested. Being a glitter Troll, it was always on his mind.

“And balloons!" Smidge added.

“I could play some killer tunes," DJ Suki insisted.

“Oh, you guys are the best!" Biggie cried. “Say thank you, Mr. Dinkles!"

Mr. Dinkles just mewed.

“Now, then... let's get it started in here!" Cooper sang. And the Trolls prepared for the party.

🔻🔺🔻🔺🔻🔺🔻🔺🔻🔺🔻

Two-year-old Princess Luna watched as her parents blew up balloons for the party. She decided to try it herself. She grabbed a balloon and blew it up, but instead of being round, the balloon turned cubic!

Poppy and Branch were quite surprised. After watching it happen again, Branch decided to help her.

“Luna, you must be doing something wrong," he said. “Balloons are supposed to be round, not squared. You must be blowing air into the wrong places."

Branch took Luna's balloon and deflated it.

“Here," he said. “Try it again."

“Okay, Daddy," Luna babbled. She took the balloon, and blew it back up. It happened again!

Branch was confused. But he still tried to show her how it's done. He took the balloon and deflated it again.

“You blow up a balloon this way," he instructed, and blew it up so it was perfectly round. “Okay. Now let's see you do it."

Branch deflated the balloon and gave it back to his daughter.

“Try blowing slower," he suggested.

“Okay, Daddy," Luna babbled. She blew up the balloon slowly and it was becoming more round.

“Now you're getting it!"

Spoke too soon. It was cubic again!

Branch was getting frustrated. But he didn't want to make his daughter cry. He tossed the balloon aside and grabbed a different balloon.

“Here, I got another balloon," he showed her. “Watch."

The balloon turned into six round balloons in one. Branch deflated it and gave it to Luna.

“Now you try it," he said.

“Okay, Daddy," she babbled. Luna blew up the balloon, but it turned into one long rectangular shape!

Branch groaned and Luna giggled.

“Okay, Mr. Dinkles," Satin said. “Which outfit do you want to wear for the party?"

Mr. Dinkles just mewed.

“Good choice!" Chenille agreed. They didn't know what he was saying, so they just guessed.

Mr. Dinkles was clothed in a pink and blue sweater and a blue birthday hat.

“Awwwww!" Satin and Chenille said at once. He was just too adorable!

“Okay, who's ready for the best birthday ever?!" Biggie asked the worm. “Yes, you are! Now, let's go!"

🔻🔺🔻🔺🔻🔺🔻🔺🔻

🔻

The party was a pretty big hit that night. There was glitter and balloons, Cooper made cupcakes, Suki created some terrific tunes, and Mr. Dinkles got some nice presents.

And yet, he said nothing.

Sorry this was short. I think the main reason I wanted to write this was to add, yet, another pop culture reference. I have a thing for those. Let's see if you can guess what it is.

Live long and prosper. 🖖