chapter 22-

Chapter 22-

We were celebrating in the common room seeing as Harry had gotten extra points because even though he only had to save one person he saved two and face nearly getting killed by the creatures.

The twins were holding him on their shoulders and everyone was chanting Harry. I joined in with the chanting when I remembered something, I grabbed Ginny’s arm.

“Why didn’t you tell me about you and Dean?” she looked shocked at me pulling her arm.

“I was going to tell you later on, like tomorrow. How did you find out?”

“I asked Shamus and if you would have told me sooner than I would have been able to rescue you earlier on.”

“good point.” As I looked at her I saw some little first year looking scared for his life walk through the door.

“hey go join in I’ll be back soon.”

“ok.” And she ran off to join in with her brothers. I ran over to the first year who was trying to make his way past and to his dormitory. I pushed past everyone and stopped him in his tracks and bending down to his height to talk to him.

“hey buddy what’s wrong?” I tried to act friendly seeing as he was probably scared since he didn’t know me.

“nothings wrong Amanda.” He started fiddling with his robe, hmm he knew my name.

“whats your name?” I smiled at him.

“Charlie, Charlie Flemming.” I nodded when he told me.

“well Charlie Flemming you look scared.”

“I’m not scared I’m a Gryfinndor I’m brave.”

“every Gryfinndor is scared they don’t have to always be brave, so whats wrong?”

“promise you won’t tell anyone I was scared, say I was shocked.”

“I promise.” I put my hand to my heart which made him laugh.

“Draco Malfoys standing outside.” I laughed at the fact he was standing outside and that he has the effect to scare little kids.

“that’s fine he can be scary sometimes.” I told him

“yeah he can.” He agreed with me, while trying to slide past me.

“night Charlie.” I said as I stood up.

“night Amanda.” I heard as he ran upstairs and I made my way to the portrait.

I walked out the portrait and shut it to see the fat lady was asleep and no-one was around apart from Draco who was leaning against the wall with his arms folded and his leg propped up against the wall staring out like he was thinking. I let out a small laugh as he turned around.

“wow you look like a corny muggle movie.” I told him.

“is that good?” he asked.

“well at least the corny men in the corny film don’t scare people.”

“I have that effect on people.” He said laughing

“it’s not funny you scared Charlie.”

“Charlie?” he raised his eyebrows.

“yes Charlie Flemming a first year who was scared to admit he was scared because Gryfinndors are brave.” He laughed and held his hands up in surrender.

“are Gryfinndors brave enough to take a stroll with a lost Slytherin on a night time all alone?” he questioned. I laughed and decided to play along.