chapter 6- the dress

Chapter 6- the dress

the past few weeks were boring, or as boring as they could be at Hogwarts. Harry passed his first task in the tournament which was to grab a golden egg without getting killed by the dragon. The golden egg was a clue to the next task but when he opened it all it did was screech a loud piercing noise. But the dance was in a weeks time and everyone was excited apart from me.

I walked into the common room and Ginny and Hermoine were giggling, they saw me at turned around with grins the size of their faces.

“hey Amanda guess what today is?” Ginny asked.

“Sunday? Unless we are all late for our lessons.” they looked at me as if I had forgotten something important.

“always the joker Amanda but no. Remember we are going to Hogsmeade to try on dresses for the dance.”

“oh that course I remember” I said sarcastically.

“so Hermoine you want to come with us, the more the merrier and all that.” I asked hoping she would say yes so I didn't have to always be involved in the conversation.

“i would be honored.” the smile on her face seemed to have gotten bigger.

“so who you going with Amanda?” Hermoine wondered.

“I'm going with Neville but just as friends, who you going with?”

“oh I’m going with Viktor.”

“VIKTOR” me and Ginny shouted together.

“yeah you know Durmstrung Institute for boys.”

“i know who he is but Hermoine thats great, I’m so happy.” her and Ginny giggled together.

“I'm going to get ready seeing as yous are all ready and we'll go.”

“ok.” they said in unison.

When I got into the dormitory I grabbed my jeans and Gryffindor top I quickly put them on and ran back on stairs.

“ready.”

“good, then lets go.”

we walked to Hogsmeade and all I could here was Ginny and Hermoine talking about the dance, Viktor everything that has happened at Hogwarts.

“what do you think Amanda?” Ginny asked.

“about what?”

“do you ever listen, about Hermoine and Viktor of course.”

“oh yeah of course that, I think that yous would make a great couple plus hes nice, kind just like you.”

“oh thank you Amanda, thats very sweet of you.

“your welcome Hermoine.” Ginny squealed.

“what Ginny?”

“we're here.”

I looked around at there it was Hogsmeade infront of our eyes. It only had a few shops but it was good enough for when you needed something instead of having to wait until the holidays so you could go to Diagon alley.

“here it is.” Ginny said.

I saw in front of us a small shop that had dresses and accessorize perfect for the dance. Hermoine and

Ginny ran in and quickly ransacked the small rails for the perfect dress. I heard gasps from two sides of the shop and then they were heading towards the dressing room. I waited outside of the changing rooms until they came out into their dresses. Ginny was the first to come out. She was wearing a red dress which was cut on one side and slanted on the other until it touched the floor.

“Ginny you look incredible.”

“honest?”

“honest.”

I was telling Ginny how it really suited her when Hermoine came out of the changing rooms. She was wearing a ping dress that went down to her calves and had small frills on the bottom which were matched by the frills on the sleeves.

“Hermoine you look great.” Ginny said.

“I agree.”

“really?” what was with them checking twice to see if it suited them.

“yes.”

“good.”

They both went into the changing rooms and came out holding their dresses.

“ready to pay?” I asked, hoping they would forget about me.

“yeah.” we were about to go pay when Ginny turned around, she looked cross.

“Amanda who dare you ask us if we are finished. Of course we aren't what about you?” she had rumbled me.

“ I don't know what to get.”

“don't worry we'll help.”

her and Hermoine we looking on all the rails for a dress until Ginny stop and pulled out what looked like a sheet of paper.

“try this on.”

I went in the changing rooms and quickly changed, when I walked out they looked shock.

“ Amanda you are a picture.” Ginny said

“that dress suits you.” Hermoine added.

I looked in the mirror. I was wearing a dark blue sleeveless dress that touched the floor, it had a black flower pattern down the right hand side.

“i don't like it.” they were shocked at me.

“Why?!”

“I don't like seeing my arms.”

“I can fix that.”

Ginny went over to a rack of clothes and pulled out a black cardigan.

“put this on.”

I put the black cardigan on and it went perfectly with the dress.

“perfect.” Ginny said.

I changed into my normal clothes and we bought some accessorize to go with our outfits. I bought black shoes with a little heel and Ginny and Hermoine bought the same shoes but the same colours as their dresses and a necklace and bracelet. We left the shop and left for Hogwarts, just in time for dinner.