chapter 18-

Chapter 18-

“it seems every time I try and punish you the arguments between you get worse and this time it ended in a battle destroying my classroom.”

“no matter how many times I try and punish you, you just get worse and worse. It looks like I will have to resort to some other punishment.” I was dreading what he was going to say next.

“so you will clean my classroom and make it how it used to be without magic and together.” he looked at us both.

“have fun, oh and cleaning instruments are in the cupboard and if you use magic I will know about it.” he walked out of the classroom with a little smug look on his face.

I didn't bother looking at Malfoy instead I went straight to the cupboard and grabbed a sweeping brush and started to brush the rubble-where I had landed- into a pile in the corner. As I was sweeping Malfoy hadn't move from the table he was sitting on. I didn't care if he didn't want to do it, it would be easier if we both did it at least that would make the time I have to spend with him not as long if he helped. I turned and looked at him.

“what do you want?” he spat.

“well it wouldn't take as long if you at least helped.” he just sat staring at me. I grabbed another broom and put it on the table next to him.

“this is a sweeping brush, go brush up the mess in the corner where you landed.”

“you think you can command me?” he said standing up.

“isn't nice when the shoes on the other foot is it? This is what it feels like for the people you command and hurt.” at this he picked up the brush and started to make his way over to the corner.

I started to sweep the rubble again. I wondered why he had actually went over to sweep instead of arguing, that wasn't like Malfoy that was more like Draco, the side that I loved.

“why are you sweeping up?” he turned around.

“you asked, no you told me too.” he responded.

“but you never follow orders.”

“fine i'll stop.” he said placing the brush down on the table.

“no I didn't...”

“what do you want Amanda?” he spat.

“you tell me to sweep up, I do, you complain, I stop, you complain. What is your problem?” I looked at him shocked. What was my problem well him and what he does.

“my problem is you, you change how you act more than a yo-yo goes up and down, how do you expect to have friends if you act like that.”

“you could have changed me but you chose not to.”

“no Malfoy I didn't make the decision you did when you were with Pansy.”

“you could have let me explain instead you started shouting at me.”

“so it took you three weeks until you could apologise.”

“i was trying to work out how to apologise to you.”

“and the only thing you could think of was that pathetic one you gave me yesterday.”

“i..ermm..”

“excuse after excuse after excuse all you do is lie Draco to everyone.”

“i'm sorry Amanda, there i'm sorry happy?” if he thought that was a good enough apology he was wrong.

“and you still can't apologise properly.”

“what do you mean?”

“what do I mean? I'm sorry happy? Thats a great apology sounds like you put a lot of thought into that.”

“well you kind of put me on the spot Amanda.”

“i'm surprised you called me Amanda.”

“and i'm surprised you called me Draco even after what i've done so whats your problem now?”

“my problem is you the way you act you can be kind one minute and not the next.” he went to say something. “my other problem is me. I thought this could actually work but it can't and I was stupid for thinking that. I even bought you a Christmas present but then I saw you with Pansy and didn't send it. I was stupid for thinking you could change just for me when you obviously can't and that was selfish of me.”

“don't you see it?” he interrupted me. “i didn't need to change, I just needed to let out the person underneath all of this.” he was acting like the Draco I used to know.

He went to say something else when Snape walked through the door.

“i don't believe it. I give you a punishment and you use it to argue don't you learn?”

“actually Professor Snape we were working out who was cleaning what.” Draco said.

“oh well its fine you can leave, a bit of magic will clean this in a few minutes but next time Mr Malfoy and Miss Cliff the punishment will be worse.”

“understood.” Malfoy said walking out the door I went to walk out after wards.

“Miss cliff?” Snape said.

“yes sir.”

“you are bright enough to know not to get in fights.”

“i'm sorry sir it won't happen again.”

“i'll take your word for it. You may leave now.”

I walked out of the door and rounded the corner.

“Amanda.” I turned and Draco was standing there.

“meet me tonight.”

“Draco I can't.”

“please.” he had a look of desperation on his face.

“fine where and when?”

“same place and about 12ish then I have a chance of you not falling asleep again.”

“ok fine.” I walked away trying to not show any emotion even though underneath I had a sense of hope and wondered if he would explain things to me about what had happened.