Chapter 2

Mel's Pov

****Next Morning****

I woke up to the bright light coming from the window. I forgot to close the shades before I went to bed. All I've been thinking about is Jc. I came down stairs and saw a note on the fridge door.

Dear Mel

I'm visiting your mother for a few days at rehab I should be back in a week (((A/N I'm not sure how rehab works so just go with it))) there's money on the counter and food in the fridge. don't do anything stupid while I'm gone call me if anything I love you.

Love~ Grandma

Cool a whole week to myself!

I grabbed a bowl and poured some cereal and milk same as any other day and went to the bathroom to brush my teeth and take a shower.

After I was done with my shower I went threw my dresser and found a white crop top and some denim high waisted shorts. I put on my red vans and left my hair with my natural waves.

I was craving Starbucks so I left my house with my phone wallet and keys.

I walked into Starbucks and saw a girl I believe her name was Andrea Russet. I saw some of her YouTube videos.

I went on line behind Andrea.

"Oh my gosh where did you get those shorts they are so cute?!?" Andrea said smiling at me

"Haha thanks I got them at...Pacsun I think"

"We should defiantly go shopping together you seem cool and a have an Ama-zing style haha, here call me and maybe we can go shopping or hang sometime" she handed me a napkin with her number written on it

"Yeah definitely" I replied with a smile

I don't have friends. So maybe having Andrea as a friend would be cool.

"Next" I heard the Starbucks worker say

"Yeah hi can I have a grande Carmel macchiato"

"Name?"

"Mel"

"Okay Mel your drink will be ready in a minute" the worker said

"Sounds good" I smiled and stepped to the side and waited for my drink.

Then something caught my eye.Jc. I quickly turned around hoping he wouldn't see me but nope I was wrong.

"Mel?" I heard Jc say walking up towards me.

"Hey Jc, what's up" I replied trying to not say anything stupid.

"Getting some Starbucks haha ya know us white girls gotta have our Starbucks" he said trying to amuse me

I laughed and said "totally
girl"

He laughed. "hey wanna sit with me?" He asked. I could tell he was nervous, but why would he want to sit with me I'm hideous and embarrassing to be around.

"Sure" I could feel myself blushing

"Cool just let me order my drink first haha" he giggled and stepped on line waiting for his turn to order

I looked around for an empty table. there were no empty tables inside so I stepped outside and found one next to a palm tree and perfect view of the beach.

Jc's Pov

I grabbed my drink and looked around the inside of Starbucks but Mel was no where to be found. maybe she left.

I walked outside and heard someone call my name. Mel.

"Over here" she said motioning her hands to tell me to come sit with her

I smiled

I walked up towards the table and took a seat.

Mel is so beautiful I love her big brown eyes her pink lips her face in general and her body... Her body was flawless.

I wanted to get to know her

"Hey" Mel said to me with that perfect smile she has

"Hey"

"So why did you want me to have coffee with you neighbor" she playfully punched my arm and giggled

"Wanted to get to know you is all"

"Ooo really haha"

"Yeah" was all I managed to say I was to busy admiring her face.

I was trying to figure out something smooth to say but all that came out was

"How's life?"

"Life's ... life is boring until you meet the right people to spend it with"

Mel was easy going down to earth and funny I think I'm falling for her.

I smiled and reached for a napkin to try and clean the coffee that was on my chin

Our hands touched. Sparks.

Mel's Pov

Our hands touched I could feel fireworks and the blood rush to my cheeks. I think I'm falling for jc

After our hands touched for a couple seconds I pulled back trying to make things less awkward.

He smiled and grabbed a napkin and cleaned the coffee that was dripping from his chin.

"Well it was nice chatting with you Jc but I should really get home" I said getting up from my chair

"Yeah of course, call me Mel so maybe we can hang out" he handed me a napkin with his number written on it

I smiled and blushed

"Yeah totally, but before we hang out you should clean the coffee that you still have dripping from your chin" I giggled and started walking home but jc stopped me and offered me a ride.

I accepted the gesture and we walked to his car.

A couple minutes later I was in front of my house I went to take my seat belt off while I reaching for my seat belt our hands touched again. Sparks once again.

We looked into each others eyes and started to lean into each other just then our lips touched.