Chapter 20

I watched my gang dance in sync along with Jungkook and Jimin as I was taking a short break due to the little pain coming back on my ankle.

Jungkook had beads of sweat trickling down his temples, his bangs becoming slightly damp as well. I thought about the kiss again, and remembered what he had said to me before

"If you were thinking I was going to kiss you, then bad luck," he smirked. "I'm saving my first kiss to someone I really love and who loves me back,"

My cheeks grew warm at that as I unconsciously brought my hand up to my lips.

"Yo Soobin, you okay?" Yoongi oppa approached me with a concerned look. "You look like you're burning up or something,"

"Hmm?" I looked at him with widened eyes. "I-I'm fine,"

"You don't look fine," Jimin commented, walking towards me. Everyone else had stopped dancing as well and was watching me with concerned looks.

I shook my head with a reassuring smile. "No no, I'm really fine I swear,"

"You sure?" The boy raised his eyebrows, unconvinced at my statement.

"Yes I'm very sure," I nodded back whilst standing up. "I think I left my phone back in my locker at the classroom, I'll be quick,"

I threw a wave behind me and quickly headed outside. I squished my cheeks together and slapped myself afterwards. "Oh my lord, Kim Soobin don't ever think about the kiss again,"

As I neared the classroom, I fixed up my clothes and bangs before peeking inside to see if anyone was there.

"Trying to do something?"

I jumped in surprise and turned around with my hands up in reflex towards the latter. I instantly let out a scowl and lowered my hands.

"None of your business Lee Jieun," I scoffed, heading in.

I really fought the urge to turn back around and slap her face when I heard her following me. Rolling my eyes, I opened up my locker to only realise that my phone wasn't there. With a sigh, I closed it back and turned to Jieun whom had leaned against the locker next to mine.

"How's school life going without dancing?" She smirked.

"Great," I sarcastically remarked. "How's school life going– wait, you don't even have a life do you?"

"Yah," she said in such a scary tone, making me cower mentally. "Watch your mouth,"

"Whatever, why am I talking to you anyways," I turned around to leave until she called out for me again.

"Yah Kim Soobin, did you know that Jungkook confessed to me?"

I clenched my fists in a tight manner and turned back around with a sly smile. "Yeah, but his feelings for you are gone now,"

"Well then let's see," she smirked.

My smile fell and a confused look took over my face. I heard someone walking towards the classroom in a slow pace, and I didn't have the time to worry who it was. If it was Mr.Lee, I was dead meat.

"I'm s-sorry S-Soobin..." She suddenly whimpered, tears falling down her cheeks. My eyes widened in shock as I frowned in confusion.

Then Jieun suddenly slapped her self a multiple times and the sound could be heard all the way down the corridors. She then bashed her fist into the lockers and slid down against it, me just looking at her surprised.

I brought my hand towards my mouth. "Y-yah Lee-"

"Jieun!"

I looked back up and saw Jungkook by our classroom door. And before I knew it, Jungkook slammed me against the locker, hard enough to break the door behind me. I winced in pain and looked back at him. His eyes were furious and showed anger and disappointment in them.

"How can you..." He started. "Even though she hates you, you Kim Soobin know that this isn't right! H-How can you even do that to a person?!" He screamed.

Don't show my weak side to him Soobin. Remember my vow.

I let out a chuckle. "You think I did this? You have no thoughts on Jieun sabotaging me?"

"I know that Jieun isn't the one to hurt herself to hurt you," he said. "I've known her longer than I've known you,"

I bit my lower lip. "I can't believe it,"

I brought my hand up to his cheek to slap him, but hesitated as I watched Jungkook clench his eyes shut as if to expect it coming. I hastily wiped my teary eyes before he could open them again, and ran out of the classroom ignoring the pain in my shoulder.

There was definitely going to be a bruise forming right there. Biting my lower lip to stop tearing up, I headed towards the bathroom.

I unbuttoned a few buttons from my blouse and slid one side off to reveal where Jungkook had hurt me earlier. Turning around to see my reflection on the mirror, I cringed at the light shade of purple forming across the back of my shoulder. Sighing, I slipped my blouse on again and went outside of the bathroom.

Just when I thought Jungkook and I were getting on good terms, just when I thought I was starting to have feelings for him, just when I thought we were becoming friends.

I guess enemies will stay as enemies.

I winced each time I took a step, the pain in my shoulder not ceasing. I don't know what happened to Jungkook and Jieun, but I didn't give a crap anymore.

"Kim Soobin, what are you doing wondering in the prohibited area?" I heard the oh-so-dreadful-yet-familiar voice from behind me.

Blinking my tears away, I turned around to face Mr.Lee with his usual stupid bloated face.

"50 punishment points– wait no actually, I'll make you go do community service tomorrow," he gave me a sly smirk. "I'm being nice and only giving you one day, okay?"

"Yes sir," I replied weakly, walking past him with a small wince.

"Y-Yah, go back to dorms and take some sleep. You look drained," he called out hesitantly.

Oh, so this teacher has a heart.

As I headed towards the exit of the school building, I noticed two figures down the hallway.

Jungkook and Jieun stood in front of each other as Jieun covered her face with her hands as if she was crying badly. I saw Jungkook's eyes soften up as he pat the top of her head gently. He slowly removed her hands from her face and examined it from a dangerously close distance.

Not wanting to see more of it, I quickly walked out of the building with a pained heart.

I see what you mean now Lee Jieun, I guess his feelings for you haven't disappeared.

--------------------
Author's note
i actually lost the motivation to write cuz of my hiatus and omg i suddenly had the urge to write up a chapter today cuz bANGTAN WON BEST ARTIST OF THE YEAR YESSSSSSS AND ITS JIN'S BIRTHDAY AHHHHH. i teared up watching them win it, and that was the first time ever tearing up to something happy or proud (i dun cry easily okay).

i have one week of school left (we have like a two week promoted timetable where we do activities based on next year stuff and it's boring as). and yesyes my hard work actually paid off and i managed to get good scores on my science, geography and maths (english was a lil disappointing oKAY IT WAS SHAKESPEARE AND I HATE THAT). idk about my overall yet cuz my report cards haven't come out hahah..

i'm going on a cruise from the 17th-21st and they got no wifi so i won't be active then. and then on the 22nd (mY BIRTHDAY YEA) I'm going to Melbourne for a week. I'll have wifi there so I'll try to update then or before the cruise lolol. [my family was planning to go korea and japan but tickets ran out ;-;]

tbh, i'm pretty disappointed in the award ceremonies this year, and kpop comebacks in general because all the original popular groups (apink, sistar, girls day, Big Bang, SNSD, btob, blockb, infinite, vixx) became so underrated cuz of the rookie groups. like they didn't even attend MAMA or MMA like ?!?!??! i was hopping to see a lot of interactions between groups like last year but nUP.

-keidee
4th December, 2016 happy birthday jin
lmao i just copied and pasted my authors note from my book 'why?' cuz i really wanted to update at 12AM KST